Power Cables... Really?
Jul 11, 2010 at 11:36 AM Post #272 of 417
Beeman, you are the biggest troll I have ever come across - and I used to administrate a 50,000 member video game forum with an average user age of 18! 

Ronin has shown amazing patience and respect, despite your baseless and, quite frankly, stupid statements.  All of your posts show a complete lack of understanding of even the most basic of statistics, which is in and of itself fine... but then you go so far as to claim that anyone who follows accepted (and proven) mathematics is just a "borg drone."  What!?  back up your statements, man!  you have been asked several times to substantiate your claims, and all you have done is write "i already did."  NO YOU DIDNT!  all you have done is spew the same "the world is analog, and the tests are digital" phrase over and over.  never have you 1) explained what you mean, or 2) detailed the implications of your statement.  your lack of understanding of 1=success 0=failure is mind-boggling.  are you even qualified to attempt to debase the same math that landed us on the moon?  if so, i'd love to see your cv. 

please link us to ONE SINGLE audio test which was, by design, intended to be automatically failed.  hint: there isn't one. 

gimme a break, Mr. "I'm not here to debate."  all you have done is repeatedly bait an argument, in which you constantly utilize strawman tactics, and worse, avoid directly answering any questions fielded in your direction.  if you dont want to debate, and "dont need to defend yourself," then why is every single one of your posts here defensive? 

I apologize for the outburst, but after reading the last two pages, I have literally felt my blood pressure rise.  i am not joking. 

Jul 11, 2010 at 12:12 PM Post #273 of 417
I personally have an interest in cables and I am now becoming concerned about the waning possibility of having a peaceful discussion about my experiences with cables and those who may also be similarly interested.  It concerningly, and way too quickly, becomes overrun by these fierce exchanges.  I'm relatively new to these forums, but has it always been this way?  If so, then I guess I have nothing to worry about.

Jul 11, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #275 of 417
I'm relatively new to these forums, but has it always been this way?

Yes it has.  This need by the anti-cable guys to control others has been going on for decades.  Cable guys aren't allowed to have their world as anytime cable guys try to hold a conversation amongst themselves, you can bet there's going be an anti-cable guy trying to control the room with their insults and use the results of their flawed tests as their reason to rain on the room's parade.

Note the venom when I refused to get pulled into a debate and I refuse to defend my position.  If one doesn't want to believe me, I'm happy for them.  If one wants to believe their science is true and accurate, I'm happy for them.  One problem, it's not their money being spent on these cables.  So why should they care what one spends their money on?

It's your money, spend it anyway you want.  It's your hobby.  Enjoy it and ignore those who want to take your fun away.

Currently I'am eagerly awaiting the arrival of some custom headphone cables from Double Helix Cables.  Can you imagine the vitriol that will occur should I come here and write that I love the cables and think it was money well spent?  What the anti-cable guys don't get, it's my money, my life, my enjoyment and it's not theirs to try and destroy.  The funny thing, it ticks them off because I'll neither debate them or let them rain on my parade.

Jul 11, 2010 at 12:47 PM Post #276 of 417
You joined this month. How would you know if it's always been like this?

I'm just going to say that your reasoning is flawed. I'm not actually going to explain why. I'm sure you won't mind.

Jul 11, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #277 of 417
You joined this month. How would you know if it's always been like this?

I've been using and enjoying the benefits of cables for a couple of decades.  This type of vitriolic debate was going on back in the 90's.  What's happening on this forum is no different than what was happening fifteen or twenty years ago in other venues; anti-cable guys beating up on cable guys; the need to control others.  So, since the story's the same one, there's no point in debating the issue.

An old man went to a lake to fish, a lake that had no fish in it.  The locals would talk about how foolish he was and then a wise man came to town and said: "Leave the old man alone.  Talk about yourselves if you must talk.  It makes him happy, so why should you care?"

The anti-cable guys need to get a grip and back off a few notches.  Sure would be nice to hold a civil conversation with cable guys and not have to worry about any anti-cable guys jumping in, kicking up dust and in essence, telling cable guys that we're all delusional and how they have the proof so we need to follow their dogma.  I'm happy for them, they have the proof, we're delusional.  I got it.  Now, go away, leave us alone.  And if they won't leave us alone, then they're the trouble makers as they're the ones coming here to cause trouble.  Maybe the mods can create an anti-cable free forum where anti-cable guys are banned from discussing the results of "their" tests or saying anything against cables and cable users so cable guys can enjoy their hobby in peace.  You know, like a "(DBT-Free Forum)"

I'm just going to say that your reasoning is flawed.

It's not, but you're welcome to believe anything you like.

Jul 11, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #278 of 417

Quote:
Seriously though, why would you ever consider replacing your power cord with and aftermarket power cord. I can understand wanting to make one yourself, there's an enjoyment factor there, but buying an incredibly expensive power cord with silver contacts and diamond studded earrings just sounds CRAZY to me. From my understanding, there is no way your power is going to be any "cleaner" by having one of these cables. If you're power is dirty coming from your socket (which is highly likely) then a cable is worthless, invest in a AC/DC converter. Even if your fifty feet away from your socket that can't compare to the hundreds of feet of solid core copper in your walls, not to mention the cables going to your closest transformer. Am I missing something here?

This is a thread designed to spark a debate between pro and anti cable people. So we should be able to read both sides without one telling the other to go away.

Jul 11, 2010 at 2:44 PM Post #279 of 417
Sorry for any confusion as "here" was ment to refer to the "forum," not the thread.

My bad.

Jul 11, 2010 at 2:49 PM Post #280 of 417
So that means that becasue that old guy wasted his time fishing on the lake, and went home with empty hands, just with the illustion of being there fishing, and thinking that maybe becasue of his bad luck he didn't catch a thing there (even while all the rest of the world knew that he will be wasting his time) we all have to accept that as the right thing to do, and the logic thing to do, just becasue that makes him happy???

OMG, I think that I have heard enough, to me the logic went out of the window now!!!!

Jul 11, 2010 at 2:55 PM Post #281 of 417
So that means that becasue that old guy wasted his time fishing on the lake,....

The old man wasn't wasting his time.

...just becasue that makes him happy???

What, you got something against an old man being happy?

Jul 11, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #282 of 417
How do you call to go for fishing to a a place that there is no fish, knowing that there is no fish, and ended with empty hands, an enjoyment???

No, I have something against a fool pretending to ignore reality...old or young...it doens't matter...

Jul 11, 2010 at 3:21 PM Post #283 of 417
How do you call to go for fishing to a a place that there is no fish, knowing that there is no fish, and ended with empty hands, an enjoyment???

If it makes the old man happy, it don't matter what anybody thinks.

No, I have something against a fool pretending to ignore reality...old or young...it doens't matter...

I got it.  You don't want the old man to be happy.  Is it the same with those who like cables?  Do you feel a need to take away the fun of those who like to buy expensive cables?

???

Jul 11, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #284 of 417

Quote:

But Sovkiller, with this here comparison of yours, you're not making yourself out to be very sensible yourself about it.  So you're not doing your position any credibility.  To the fool, the wise will appear like a fool.  It's all relative.  
cool.gif

... just some dirt back at you to see what it looks like on the receiving end...

Jul 11, 2010 at 3:32 PM Post #285 of 417
I agree that the analogy of the old man fishing doesn't work. If I go fishing, and the joy comes from the act of fishing, and not actually catching a fish, where is the harm? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back