Post Your Photography Here #2
Nov 10, 2007 at 8:18 AM Post #256 of 15,759
Thank you both for your honest response.
I forgot to mention that the misery I'm referring to is the superficiality of todays society. It's all about the looks and not about what's in there anymore. It's about people wanting to look like they do on tv, "pimping" theirselves and forgetting what it's really about. That's why it looks so cheesy and fake.
Just for the record; the tears have been drawn on the face, not added via photoshop.
Is this knowledge changing your opinion by looking at it now or am I still missing the target iyo?
It's sometimes difficult stepping back and take another look at you pic to see if the concept is coming clear.
I know exactly what I meant and for me it's clear but others don't know that so that's why my question.

Nov 10, 2007 at 10:36 AM Post #257 of 15,759
Some photo's I took on my K800i:

1946134214_836841b0a4_o.jpg

1946133978_c0745b2d6a_o.jpg

1946133740_7afa989783_o.jpg

Damn it's hard to take pics of cats! Kept moving his head when I was about to take it
frown.gif
. This one is only slightly blurred.

1945292479_84ec5b5577_o.jpg

Nov 10, 2007 at 11:18 AM Post #259 of 15,759
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuerst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got a cheap point and shoot so...

Taken on a roadtrip this past summer...

cheap eh? pictures still look amazing.

Nov 10, 2007 at 5:33 PM Post #261 of 15,759
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you both for your honest response.
I forgot to mention that the misery I'm referring to is the superficiality of todays society. It's all about the looks and not about what's in there anymore. It's about people wanting to look like they do on tv, "pimping" theirselves and forgetting what it's really about. That's why it looks so cheesy and fake.
Just for the record; the tears have been drawn on the face, not added via photoshop.
Is this knowledge changing your opinion by looking at it now or am I still missing the target iyo?
It's sometimes difficult stepping back and take another look at you pic to see if the concept is coming clear.
I know exactly what I meant and for me it's clear but others don't know that so that's why my question.

I get it now! It makes sense given this info, and the only remaining thing detracting from the concept are the eyes. Still, the more I look at it the more the concept becomes apparent, but on an initial impression not so much.

Maybe mixing some eyeliner (if that is indeed what it is) into solution with eye drops designed to mimic natural tears (like visine) would work A small squirt positioned so it doesn't actually go in the eye and let air dry should give a more realistic look
biggrin.gif

Nov 10, 2007 at 6:19 PM Post #262 of 15,759
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I get it now! It makes sense given this info, and the only remaining thing detracting from the concept are the eyes. Still, the more I look at it the more the concept becomes apparent, but on an initial impression not so much.

Maybe mixing some eyeliner (if that is indeed what it is) into solution with eye drops designed to mimic natural tears (like visine) would work A small squirt positioned so it doesn't actually go in the eye and let air dry should give a more realistic look
biggrin.gif

I think her point was that the "tears" were supposed to look unnatural / unreal to represent the superficial misery, values and other elements of culture that our societies unfortunately reflect.

Nov 10, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #263 of 15,759
Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think her point was that the "tears" were supposed to look unnatural / unreal to represent the superficial misery, values and other elements of culture that our societies unfortunately reflect.

Ahhhhhhhhh. Case closed!

Nov 25, 2007 at 2:53 PM Post #264 of 15,759
I redid the photo because of a technical fault in the previous one which I couldn't solve properly.
The blingbling has become more appearant now and the tears have been made a tad more realistic looking. It's made of a fluid called glycerine and charcoal to get it deep black and I let it drip over my face to get the motion a real tear would make.
The lightning of the model is better now as you have more detail in the dress itself. So here we go again...

nr51notyetf8eo3.jpg

Nov 25, 2007 at 11:29 PM Post #266 of 15,759
Watermark'd for copyright protection

lapalmstm6.jpg

Nov 26, 2007 at 3:31 AM Post #267 of 15,759
A candy cane rose from my father's back yard about 5 years ago...

8x6candycanerosegi8.jpg

The River Walk in San Antonio Texas

8x6downbytheriver01ci0.jpg

Some lightening shots from my apartment door last year

8x6fireinthesky01qf5.jpg

8x6fireinthesky03ol1.jpg

San Antonio at night during a bad storm

8x6nightlightsln2.jpg

A parking garage here in Dallas

8x6themastersmindtj7.jpg

Nov 26, 2007 at 6:42 AM Post #269 of 15,759
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I redid the photo because of a technical fault in the previous one which I couldn't solve properly.
The blingbling has become more appearant now and the tears have been made a tad more realistic looking. It's made of a fluid called glycerine and charcoal to get it deep black and I let it drip over my face to get the motion a real tear would make.
The lightning of the model is better now as you have more detail in the dress itself. So here we go again...

nr51notyetf8eo3.jpg

I'm not much a fan of studio style portrait shots, but the idea behind your photo is much more apparent in this one. Good stuff.
smily_headphones1.gif

In other news, there are some new photos on my site, here a couple of them.

Berlin2.jpg

Paris.jpg

Grabs2.jpg

MonteCarlo.jpg

Nov 26, 2007 at 7:02 AM Post #270 of 15,759
Untitled_HDR2.jpg

Untitled_Panorama1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back