post your grado mods....
Sep 17, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #5,416 of 8,992
  Those look awesome! That headband would be so sweet. Why don't you pull the trigger and let us know 
biggrin.gif

I don't live in the US, in Canada they're like 50$ :frowning2: I'm pretty sure it will work but I don't have the funds right now. 
20$ for a nice headband is a good investment.

Sep 17, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #5,418 of 8,992
  I was thinking about a new headband for grado. The California headphone company - Laredo came some time ago, obviously passing unnoticed due to sound quality. The headband design however is quite interesting: leather and metal construction and I think grado cups can fit. I haven't been able to test it.
If someone manage to get one please post the results. They're only 20$ on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/California-Headphone-Company-Leather-Headphones/dp/B0093LNRYI/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0JN92WES5JX0X15QABNZ

Doesn't look like it'll be able to rotate on an axis like the Grado assembly. That could cause some comfort issues. It looks nice though. If it works out, that's a great alternative to tracking down a Grado one. 

For measurements, after looking around endlessly I eventually just took the Grados I had on hand and made some crucial measurements (width and depth of driver, maximum width the gimbals could take) and went from there. The design is remarkably flexible and can take a lot of creative variations.

That's a good idea, unless you don't have one to take measurements from...

Sep 17, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #5,419 of 8,992
Doesn't look like it'll be able to rotate on an axis like the Grado assembly. That could cause some comfort issues. It looks nice though. If it works out, that's a great alternative to tracking down a Grado one.

The auvio or the urban ears doesn't rotate and many people uses them on a daily basis. Can't really tell until someone does the first step.

Sep 17, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #5,420 of 8,992
eBay Canada has them for $25 with a $12 shipping charge and $6 broker fee. 

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/California-Headphone-Company-On-Ear-Metal-and-Leather-Headphones-Laredo-/261559548494?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item3ce629fa4e&_uhb=1

Sep 17, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #5,422 of 8,992

That's a good idea, unless you don't have one to take measurements from...

Good point :)

Driver diameter: 1 and 3/4 inches
Driver depth: 2/8 of an inch
Width for gimbal: 2 inches

Those numbers work for me...the rest leaves you open creativity...

Sep 17, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #5,423 of 8,992
Good point :)

Driver diameter: 1 and 3/4 inches
Driver depth: 2/8 of an inch
Width for gimbal: 2 inches

Those numbers work for me...the rest leaves you open creativity...

I appreciate it Thank you.

Sep 17, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #5,424 of 8,992
I appreciate it Thank you.

No worries...another handy one...the gimbals will need to be pulled apart slightly to get them off the originals and onto the new cups. To accommodate this (and not be stuck with a pair of cups you can't get the wretched gimbals onto without breaking them) one side (front or back) cannot have an outermost diameter of more than 2 and 2/8ths inches...I usually make/have the maker make the lip the pads will hold onto this width (I don't personally like the furrow you see on some cups, even though it works just as well as a lip would...see how subjective this can get? :))

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #5,427 of 8,992
  Anyone know if the Beyerdynamic COP headband would fit over a stock SR80e headband?

Or where I can get a white headband? 

These guys sell replacement headbands in a variety of finishes, including white:

http://www.plussoundaudio.com/accessories/general.html

(scroll down the page a bit)

I don't think they are padded headbands, but they should be better than the stock Grado one ...

Sep 19, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #5,430 of 8,992
These guys sell replacement headbands in a variety of finishes, including white:

http://www.plussoundaudio.com/accessories/general.html

(scroll down the page a bit)

I don't think they are padded headbands, but they should be better than the stock Grado one ...

I had one of those for a while...they aren't padded, and they are a touch wider than the stock Grado one, but they are nice...JoeDoe uses/used one for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back