post your grado mods....
Jul 18, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #3,542 of 8,988
Quote:
Anyone who likes Lenny kravitz can go jump off a bridge

Jul 18, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #3,544 of 8,988
I like lakes

Jul 21, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #3,550 of 8,988
Last night I removed the model name button from my 225is.  I wish I had read this first and learned about the glue.  I was expecting double sided tape.  As for getting the glue off I found that rubbing alcohol causes it to loose it's elasticity and get brittle enough to peel off quite easy.  They look way better now so it was time well spent for just that.  Not sure about sounding better though.

I was looking to take the grille out to paint it black, but well I can't seem to figure out how the endcap and middle tube attach to separate them to get the grilles out.  Anyone know?

Jul 21, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #3,551 of 8,988
Quote:
Last night I removed the model name button from my 225is.  I wish I had read this first and learned about the glue.  I was expecting double sided tape.  As for getting the glue off I found that rubbing alcohol causes it to loose it's elasticity and get brittle enough to peel off quite easy.  They look way better now so it was time well spent for just that.  Not sure about sounding better though.

I was looking to take the grille out to paint it black, but well I can't seem to figure out how the endcap and middle tube attach to separate them to get the grilles out.  Anyone know?

Just have a look at mvrk10256's mod, it shows how to open the cups with a hairdryer. 
http://imgur.com/a/fWhm4

Jul 21, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #3,554 of 8,988
Jul 22, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #3,555 of 8,988
sorry if this has been addressed before, i've got a pair of alessandro ms2's, that i bought used.
the protective cheesecloth has been removed, and the screens are loose, only held in place
by the pads. i kinda feel that i should put the cloth back on, and reglue the screens on,
pro's , con's ?? and any advice on how to proceed ?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back