post your grado mods....
Jul 10, 2013 at 6:37 AM Post #3,482 of 8,988
Hello guys, I want to show you what I made recently. I am doing it for hobby (and some business 
biggrin.gif
). Check it out!

IMG_1054.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

and more..

Jul 10, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #3,485 of 8,988
Quote:
i used some mesh from a strainer i found at the dollar store. i just painted it black.

heres my headband. its not perfect but way more comfortable over the stock vinyl headband.

i used italian lambskin. the cushion is from some eggcart memory foam material i had laying around. the headband is 20mm wider than the stock headband. still smells like contact cement so ill air it out for a week or so.

You need to get a better screen, The only thing that screen is going to protect your drivers from is ------------? Plus it needs to be darker to show off that light colored maple and so you don't see the drivers....although some might like to see the drivers. Just my Opinion.

The lamb skin headband is fantastic though. 

Jul 11, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #3,487 of 8,988

Here are my modded MS1i's.

They have medium length distancer pieces, jumbo pads, and "pad sleeves" that I crafted from multiple layers of a acoustically reflective plastic. After some fine tuning I have got them sounding pretty fantastic!

Jul 11, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #3,488 of 8,988
Quote:

They have medium length distancer pieces, jumbo pads, and "pad sleeves" that I crafted from multiple layers of a acoustically reflective plastic. After some fine tuning I have got them sounding pretty fantastic!

Looks great!

Jul 11, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #3,489 of 8,988

Looks great!

Sure does! That looks really clean around the cups, either your an electrical tape magician or your using something else... so which is it? lol

Jul 11, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #3,490 of 8,988
Jul 11, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #3,491 of 8,988
Quote:

Sure does! That looks really clean around the cups, either your an electrical tape magician or your using something else... so which is it? lol

Quote:
Looks great!

Thanks for the feedback guys!  I posted a review of them the other day and got no reaction at all. lol.

That is indeed electrical tape, however, it only covers the outside (and believe me, it took some time to get it looking that smooth 
tongue.gif
) .  The inside is comprised of layers of slicker, more reflective tape that have been fixed to each other.  I was impressed by how much the sleeves impacted the sound as well about how well they match the color of the original housing.

Jul 12, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #3,492 of 8,988

Soon 7keys... soon lol

Jul 12, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #3,493 of 8,988
Oh and FYI the knock off G-cush is not worth it... different material, not as deep, not as rigid, not as comfy, sounds different... and the set I got were both cut badly and mismatched...

Jul 12, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #3,495 of 8,988
Yup all sanded, used a dremmel and test fitted with a blown driver, fits perfect without foam tape! (did it outside on a picnic table... it was windy, so there's no mess)

The knock off g-cush was on amazon, by ear zonk...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back