post pics of your headphone set up and listening area
Jul 26, 2009 at 5:24 AM Post #4,951 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by texashorn91 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dfkt, I think you are referring to the VPI (16.5???) record cleaning machine. I'm curious how you like it JMT, I have been looking at one myself.

You are correct. I've been using it for over 4 years now. If you are a vinyl enthusiast, it is an essential tool. I have cleaned over 1,300 records with it and Vinyl Zyme from TTVJ.

Jul 26, 2009 at 5:58 AM Post #4,952 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
foox6v.jpg

Don't worry, I have plans.

2ql95kp.jpg

Did I not say I had plans?

Next step: Do something about that ugly bookshelf on the right.

Jul 26, 2009 at 6:06 AM Post #4,953 of 6,467
Quote:

Did I not say I had plans?

Next step: Do something about that ugly bookshelf on the right.

Next step should be some velcro zip-ties and a little cable conduit to clean up that disaster hanging down from your desk.
atsmile.gif

Jul 26, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #4,955 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Next step should be some velcro zip-ties and a little cable conduit to clean up that disaster hanging down from your desk.
atsmile.gif

I don't think its that bad. It's better than before
wink.gif

I also wonder about the placement of that centre channel. It would be alot more convenient to have it behind the screen (and then it would also be in-line with the other two) but would this affect the sound too much?

Jul 26, 2009 at 6:32 AM Post #4,956 of 6,467
Quote:

I don't think its that bad. It's better than before
wink.gif

I also wonder about the placement of that centre channel. It would be alot more convenient to have it behind the screen (and then it would also be in-line with the other two) but would this affect the sound too much?

A little effort will make it look infinitely mo better. But yeah, definite improvement.

Unless your screen is acoustically transparent, it's best placed somewhere where nothing sits between it and your head. You could put something subtle underneath your monitor to slightly lift the screen up and give you that extra bit of room to put the center channel in.

On that subject, thought about moving your L and R speakers closer to you? You're going to get a lot of muddiness and crazy reflections having them sit in the corner like that. I had a set of Promedia not too long ago...those things sound absolutely killer for what they are.

Jul 26, 2009 at 6:40 AM Post #4,957 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A little effort will make it look infinitely mo better. But yeah, definite improvement.

Unless your screen is acoustically transparent, it's best placed somewhere where nothing sits between it and your head. You could put something subtle underneath your monitor to slightly lift the screen up and give you that extra bit of room to put the center channel in.

On that subject, thought about moving your L and R speakers closer to you? You're going to get a lot of muddiness and crazy reflections having them sit in the corner like that. I had a set of Promedia not too long ago...those things sound absolutely killer for what they are.

I thought that.

The speakers are set up for when I'm watching a movie. I normally sit in a chair which cant be seen, just in front of where the camera was. I didn't think it was too bad. But I will move them in a bit so the right one isnt blocked by the bookshelf.

Yeah they're pretty damn good for the price. The stock amp/sub combo broke on me, so I bought a HT receiver and Jamo subwoofer. Sounds great.

Jul 26, 2009 at 3:39 PM Post #4,959 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is where I've been enjoying my tunes the last month or so.

IMG_7228.jpg

Dude, I'd recommend Minke over Sperm whale any day!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 27, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #4,961 of 6,467
My minimal listening station.

Built for electronic music from the ground up.

My AD700s are in the Xbox360 closet and you DONT want to see in there do you!

Jul 29, 2009 at 1:37 PM Post #4,962 of 6,467
Here's the listening station I've been assembling for the past six months. The purpose was to finally get all the family albums into the computer for quicker access. I'm stuck in the unfinished basement because of my one-year-old
smily_headphones1.gif
It's okay...it's cooler down there compared to the rest of the house and no one else seems to want to come down there! The Alon Petites are pointed at a chair you can't see but I do 99% of my listening from the office chair via headphones. Again, sorry about the pic quality!

BasementAudiovdone008.jpg

BasementAudiovdone019.jpg

BasementAudiovdone022.jpg

BasementAudiovdone011.jpg

BasementAudiovdone014.jpg

BasementAudiovdone020.jpg

BasementAudiovdone027.jpg

Jul 29, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #4,964 of 6,467
Sorry, I guess since this was double post, I should say something more interesting. I'd like to know how you ended up with all of that gear.

More importantly, how does your gear compare?

When do you listen to each set of cans?

Which amp do you prefer?

Jul 29, 2009 at 2:44 PM Post #4,965 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is where I've been enjoying my tunes the last month or so.

That's just beautiful. It looks so serene...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back