post pics of your headphone set up and listening area
Sep 6, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #6,421 of 6,467

Quote:
Yeah, that chair was a super splurge for me, egged on by the wife because I kept talking about them for the past four years.  It's tough not to fall asleep in it while reading or listening to music.

Well it's good if you feel like falling asleep. Means you are relaxed and not stressed and you can enjoy your music even more.

Sep 6, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #6,423 of 6,467

Quote:
Are those JVC-DX1000 cans? How do you like them and how's the isolation?
L3000.gif

I absolutely love the DX1000s.  Isolation is pretty good but not as good as iems.  I actually use them as back up to my HD800s due to the amp set up.  The Zana Duex with the 800s is amazing but for a long time stifled the DX1000s which actually fared better with the xcans.  Problem was the xcan is a big step down from the Zana Duex so i was losing detail, soundstage and dynamics.  I got the v200 amp when i got on the preorder list for the LCD2 and started using it for the DX1000s and refell in love with them.  The v200 is a step up from the xcan but not quite to the Zana Duex level.  It is extremely musical and drives low and high impedance phones very well so well suited to both of my primary phones.  I really need isolation due to my set up being in our living room and office area so i have been with the DX1000s much more now and I can't say enough about them, in fact I think i may skip the LCD2 now because i need the isolation and with the new amp i seem to have my needs met here between the two phones.  Silly, bought an amp for a phone and now brought alive another so i don't need the one i bought the amp for.
tongue.gif

edit-please excuse my runon sentences.

Sep 17, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #6,431 of 6,467
You're still on the ship, brother?

Sep 17, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #6,433 of 6,467
Do any of the guys on the boat ogle your gear, or are they blissfully unaware?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back