post pics of your headphone set up and listening area
Sep 5, 2010 at 3:23 PM Post #6,407 of 6,467
I don't take good pictures, but I filmed a video of my headphones and gear. I also know this was posted elsewhere on the boards but it's the best thing.

Sep 5, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #6,409 of 6,467
New

Edit-My wife was watching fashion TV above, didn't want to move her.
redface.gif

Sep 6, 2010 at 1:19 PM Post #6,411 of 6,467
Isolation is good enough for normal situations, and they do sound good. Good deep bass quantity without overpowering the rest and a very good soundstage. Little polite in the highs, so slightly laidback. Used them with the Graham Slee Solo. Sold mine because I just wanted to try them, but already decided I'd go the Stax way. 

Sep 6, 2010 at 1:39 PM Post #6,412 of 6,467
Quote:
Isolation is good enough for normal situations, and they do sound good. Good deep bass quantity without overpowering the rest and a very good soundstage. Little polite in the highs, so slightly laidback. Used them with the Graham Slee Solo. Sold mine because I just wanted to try them, but already decided I'd go the Stax way. 

I was planning to drive them balanced, makes me wonder how much further they'd improve.

Sep 6, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #6,413 of 6,467
Wow, a full-bore Decware setup for sure!  Looks great.  I'd love to hear your impressions of the DAC.  I've owned the CSP2 before and currently have the CSP2+ to take advantage of the input level adjustments...I listen quietly enough that I didn't have much usable volume adjustment with the CSP2.  I'd also love to hear about your experience with tubes.  I had a lot of tube arcing issues with my first CSP2...NOS JAN Sylvania 6922 just would not work in that amp.  

I know this isn't a discuss forum, so if you want to chat via PM I'd love to hear some of your experiences.  Cheers!  

Quote:

A couple of my listening stations.
Both with Decware CSP2 headphone/pre-amp, ZDAC-1, Sqeezebox, DT880s

Sep 6, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #6,414 of 6,467
Finally have my bedroom rig all set:

Sep 6, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #6,417 of 6,467

Quote:
how is the Valhalla wgb?

A little too early to tell if I'm honest.  Compared to the built-in amp of the TC-7510 the midrange and upper bass seem a little more palpable but I haven't had an extended listening session on it yet.

Bill

Sep 6, 2010 at 6:57 PM Post #6,418 of 6,467

Quote:
Mmmmmmmmm comfy. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Yeah, that chair was a super splurge for me, egged on by the wife because I kept talking about them for the past four years.  It's tough not to fall asleep in it while reading or listening to music.

Sep 6, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #6,419 of 6,467
ok thanks Bill, looking forward to hearing your impressions on it when its fully burned in. I'm thinking of getting one for myself

Users who are viewing this thread

Back