POST PICS OF YOUR DARTH BEYERS
Mar 16, 2009 at 1:53 PM Post #2,176 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On Saturday, I was having an eargasm with my V4 Termiantors with one of my Epica albums, and some Nightwish, too.
The latest deep-cup VXD4 Darths will come off burn-in this week, but so far, they sound similar to the V4 Terminators.
If I was you, I would get a V4 Terminator, NOW, then a deep-cup Darth, aftr that, and keep both, or sell the one you like least, if you don't want to have 2 expensive cans at one time.
I like to switch between them, and other cans, too, of course. But, I ALWAYS will have 1 or 2 Darths around.
I had DX1000, and HD650, and SA5000, and D5000, K701, RS-1, SR325i, and *many* other FOTM, or other well-known cans -- the V4 Darths are better, to me, and are keepers. The others are gone.
I also will keep my HFI-780 and PRO 750, and also some other less-noteworthy cans, and rotate among them for variety.
Gotta have multiple cans.
L3000.gif

[size=small]
Thank you very much for your brief impressions. Although I knew the Headphile V4 and Deep Darths were highly regarded, it's good to get an idea of how they relate to other well regarded phones sonically.[/size]
smile_phones.gif

Mar 16, 2009 at 4:02 PM Post #2,177 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jap /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=small]Thank you very much for your brief impressions. Although I knew the Headphile V4 and Deep Darths were highly regarded, it's good to get an idea of how they relate to other well regarded phones sonically.[/size]
smile_phones.gif

If you search for V4 here, I, and others, have written *extensive* (not brief) impressions of these cans -- I did one of the first ever for the new V4 Terminators here.

Jump in here at my post #1988 and start reading from there.

Search for "Terminator" in this thread. Or "deep"
You should find some hits.

Mar 16, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #2,178 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you search for V4 here, I, and others, have written *extensive* (not brief) impressions of these cans -- I did one of the first ever for the new V4 Terminators here.

Jump in here at my post #1988 and start reading from there.

Search for "Terminator" in this thread. Or "deep"
You should find some hits.

[size=small]
Thanks! I did look over the phones on this thread and elsewhere before my questions to you. Did a quick review again. Most people compared the V4's to other Darths rather than other popular phones. Someone (BushGuy, I believe) compared the V4's to closed Grados. However, there wasn't a lot of comparisons to other non-Darth phones. (This is not a criticism at all - it just seemed to work out that way.) That's why, in addition to several confirmations that the V4's were sonically balanced across the audible frequency range and speaker-esque, I appreciated your avowal that they were keepers over several popular phones.
dt880smile.png
[/size]

Mar 20, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #2,179 of 2,461
Well, Mik and I have worked out a deal whereby he's getting my V4's, and I am getting his VXD4's, so I will get to compare the V3 deeps and the V4 deeps probably by the end of next week.

Mar 20, 2009 at 4:55 AM Post #2,181 of 2,461
Absolutely, I was very tempted by those Canz. I just sold my V3s to a Chap in Japan. Then blew the Cash on a DIY Grado project. But I'll be interested in your analysis of V3 and V4 in toto.

Mar 24, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #2,182 of 2,461
Does anybody know how much the gaming headset was? I was on vacation and didnt see the price.

Mar 25, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #2,183 of 2,461
The Gaming pair was listed at $995........I think they took aprox a day to sell IIRC

Now I know where the Redwoods went - still not sure if they were as Red as in Larry's pic....or brown-toned as in Mik pics. They were very tempting ......but, would have to build an addition onto the house to store more Darths
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 25, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #2,184 of 2,461
I am definitely looking forward to having the Redwood Deeps arrive - Hoping for later this week.

Mar 25, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #2,185 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am definitely looking forward to having the Redwood Deeps arrive - Hoping for later this week.

Of course you know we want to hear how it sounds compared to the rest of the Darth clan!

Mar 25, 2009 at 8:12 PM Post #2,186 of 2,461
And I will oblige!

Mar 28, 2009 at 8:36 AM Post #2,187 of 2,461
I have Skylab's Cocobolo V4 Beyers now. They are quite an upgrade over the V3. The soundstage is wider (though not as wide as the VXD4) but there is significantly less of the reverb in the mids than I heard from the VXD4. There is definitely still some minor reverb being added by the phones compared to the V3, but I don't feel it gets in the way of the music.

Mids are definitely better on the V4 over the V3. The lower frequencies on the V4 don't blend into eachother as much as the V3. Everything feels much better defined on the V4. As much as I like my V3, I feel the V4 is a worthy upgrade. The VXD4 is also excellent and has a very similar tone to the V4. If you like some extra reverb then the VXD4 is a great choice. It bothered me though, so I went with the V4.

The V4 is the most speaker-like headphones I've ever tried. The sound they reproduce is very crisp and engaging. Definitely my favourite headphones so far.

Mar 28, 2009 at 12:47 PM Post #2,188 of 2,461
Excellent Mik! Glad you are liking them. I agree completely that they are a huge upgrade over the regular V3 Darths.

I now have Mik's Redwood VXD4's. They definitely have a more distinct tone to the mids than the VXD3's. I still believe that the most tonally neutral Darths are the VXD3, but I like the sound of the VXD4 quite a bit.

On the other have, while the Redwood itself is stunningly beautiful, I do not care too much for the "sloped top" of the earcups that is the hallmark of the V4 design. On the standard V4 it is not that noticeable, but on the VXD4 it is more pronounced. I would prefer a totally round earcup like my VXD3's. But just my opinion.

Of course at some point now I may have to buy a new pair of regular V4's again
wink.gif
But I am ready glad to have some VXD4's.

Apr 4, 2009 at 7:14 AM Post #2,190 of 2,461
What are people's general view on the leather pads for beyers? Are they still hard to find as before? Would anybody be interested in some custom pads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back