Post pics of your builds....
Jul 5, 2008 at 10:32 AM Post #3,421 of 9,811
ah cool, 2 points for looks then lol... thanks
biggrin.gif

I've updated my post with some explanation on the internal goings on
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 5, 2008 at 9:18 PM Post #3,424 of 9,811
Jul 5, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #3,425 of 9,811
Yup, that's the one, and that's where I got it!
biggrin.gif
(Made by Lamptron), I also got the case feet from the same retailer, Performance PCs, I shop there for computer modding parts so I kinda new about the range of parts they do - quite handy for audio equipment as well as computers
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 6, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #3,428 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by holland /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please tell me you've got experience building other things, otherwise I'll faint in astonishment.

Modding computer cases (more than just LED fans lol) helps. I did a fair bit of metal cutting and some fabrication on my current main rig, so I have some experience with getting things to work with a given case...

I still need to finish the side and front panels though lol

Jul 6, 2008 at 1:33 AM Post #3,430 of 9,811
That friggin PC case is cool. Is that a radiator at the bottom of the last pic (a close up)?

The amp is cool too. You've got some skills going....

Jul 6, 2008 at 1:47 AM Post #3,431 of 9,811
The radiators are the black external thing at the back, and the blue internal one with the fibreglass duct.

The shiny metal things in the foreground in the last pic are the air heatsinks that I was using on the CPU (Noctua NH-U12) and DFI 680i NB (it's the stock one).

Heh, you can see a bit of a black/red theme going on with my PC case too I guess
biggrin.gif

Jul 6, 2008 at 5:55 PM Post #3,432 of 9,811
Well I finished up my Beta22 a couple of days ago. It was definitely worth the effort (and money). I hit a couple of bumps in the road but made it through....

frontlx7.jpg

backga7.jpg

sidezy1.jpg

front2ud8.jpg

Right off AMB's parts list. Added an e12 and allowed for two inputs. Wire is from navships and canare starquad for the longer run (front to back).

Ech0

Jul 6, 2008 at 6:12 PM Post #3,433 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ech0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I finished up my Beta22 a couple of days ago. It was definitely worth the effort (and money). I hit a couple of bumps in the road but made it through....

frontlx7.jpg

Right off AMB's parts list. Added an e12 and allowed for two inputs. Wire is from navships and canare starquad for the longer run (front to back).

Ech0

Well done Ech0 !
What is the headphone connector type you are using?

Jul 6, 2008 at 6:24 PM Post #3,434 of 9,811
Thanks Ferrari, it's a Switchcraft Thick Panel jack. It's inserted in the middle of a rubber grommet. I put a larger washer behind the grommet to give it some extra strength.

BTW, I copied the light in the panel idea from you. Always enjoy looking at your builds. Oh, the feet come from you too!! You posted a link awhile back.

Ech0

Jul 6, 2008 at 6:29 PM Post #3,435 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by hardnrg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The radiators are the black external thing at the back, and the blue internal one with the fibreglass duct.

The shiny metal things in the foreground in the last pic are the air heatsinks that I was using on the CPU (Noctua NH-U12) and DFI 680i NB (it's the stock one).

Heh, you can see a bit of a black/red theme going on with my PC case too I guess
biggrin.gif

Nice Thermochill
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back