Portable Headphone Amplifier "WAGNUS Bialbero Epsilon S" impression and appreciation thread
Jul 3, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #31 of 704
+1

It does have a very utilitarian exterior, more akin to a hobbyist project than a commercial product. Very interested to see what the internal construction is like.

Andy.

Makes my Graham Slee Voyager look like it was built by Nagra and finished by Faberge.

Jul 4, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #32 of 704
+1

It does have a very utilitarian exterior, more akin to a hobbyist project than a commercial product. Very interested to see what the internal construction is like.

Andy.

My friend has email Wagnus why the box look like not for so expensive amp .
Wagnus has answered , they prefer to invest in the parts for the Wagnus amp than the Box.
Because they prefer make better SQ than better looking .:D

Jul 5, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #33 of 704
rudi054,

A very plausible explanation and one that makes a lot of sense. Would you please ask your friend to contact Wagnus again and request some photo's of the amps internal construction/components.

Cheers,
Andy.

Quote:
My friend has email Wagnus why the box look like not for so expensive amp .
Wagnus has answered , they prefer to invest in the parts for the Wagnus amp than the Box.
Because they prefer make better SQ than better looking .
biggrin.gif

Jul 6, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #35 of 704
My Wagnus Epsilon S set up :

Source : IPhone 4S
Dac : Cyberlabs Class -dB new version 2.00 Vrms
Amp : Wagnus Epsilon S
Headphone : Fostex TH 900
Cable : Moon Audio Silver Dragon v1 mini USB to Lod
Wagnus mini to mini

SQ : with Wagnus all set up has best SQ like desktop audiophile

Jul 20, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #37 of 704
Rudi

I joined you, and my Wagnus Epsilon S arrived this morning. Huge case, but so light in weight.

Been listening on and off all day. Out of the box /bag, was a little surprised by the glare in the trebles and lack of upper bass.......gave the impression of being very artificially detailed....However, the FR has been balancing itself out during the day and now it is sounding rather special! Listening with the AK120 and DSD files, very, very natural sounding and the S is imposing it's characteristics into the sound field.

Will spend more time with it and then compare with the Mass kobo 385 and Triad L3. All three portable / transportable amps have their own particular sonic signature...................it will be very interesting how these 3 compare with the in coming TU-05 and 06 next month.

Jul 20, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #39 of 704
Rudi

I joined you, and my Wagnus Epsilon S arrived this morning. Huge case, but so light in weight.

Been listening on and off all day. Out of the box /bag, was a little surprised by the glare in the trebles and lack of upper bass.......gave the impression of being very artificially detailed....However, the FR has been balancing itself out during the day and now it is sounding rather special! Listening with the AK120 and DSD files, very, very natural sounding and the S is imposing it's characteristics into the sound field.

Will spend more time with it and then compare with the Mass kobo 385 and Triad L3. All three portable / transportable amps have their own particular sonic signature...................it will be very interesting how these 3 compare with the in coming TU-05 and 06 next month.

Congrats Gavin for the third owner Wagnus Epsilon S in Head Fi , so far I know :D

Please try use Sanyo Alkaline 1,5 Vollt battery , you will more love the SQ and pair with your UBER mini to mini is excellent .

So far my best transportable SQ

Jul 21, 2013 at 5:04 AM Post #43 of 704
Any chance of cracking it open and photographing the internal components? It would be great to have a look at the circuit board.  
L3000.gif

Cheers,
Andy.

Quote:
Rudi

Jul 21, 2013 at 6:21 AM Post #44 of 704
Quote:
Any chance of cracking it open and photographing the internal components? It would be great to have a look at the circuit board.  
L3000.gif

Cheers,
Andy.

Andy

Sorry buddy, unable to do that, I do not have a single screwdriver at home besides a phillips head one
size]

Jul 21, 2013 at 6:25 AM Post #45 of 704
Quote:

Andy

Sorry buddy, unable to do that, I do not have a single screwdriver at home besides a phillips head one
size]

Please whenever you have time give us a quick impression of how this compares against the MASS Kobo you own. I am still in market for an amp :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back