Portable Headphone Amplifier "WAGNUS Bialbero Epsilon S" impression and appreciation thread
Nov 9, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #691 of 704
@flymetothemoon  thanks for the impressions man, one thing I am not clear about is if your where able to use the uber cable when A/B?  I think I will still get the vorzuge as I want something mobile.  Just to be sure you have the pure duo correct not the pure 2? did you do the amp A/Bing on the tera or the ak240? 

Nov 9, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #692 of 704
  @flymetothemoon  thanks for the impressions man, one thing I am not clear about is if your where able to use the uber cable when A/B?  I think I will still get the vorzuge as I want something mobile.  Just to be sure you have the pure duo correct not the pure 2? did you do the amp A/Bing on the tera or the ak240? 

Yes.  I was using an uber mini-interconnector to A/B the Vorzuge Duo & Wagnus.

Vorzuge wins hands down in mobility and just a bit of compromise on SQ while you are on-the-go and after this A/B & I had closed my classified on the Vorzuge and decide to keep it.

I did A/B on Tera.  But I did another A/B between 240 direct and Wagnus later in the afternoon and found I like the 240 feeding the Wagnus combo more.

Cheers

Nov 10, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #693 of 704
Yes.  I was using an uber mini-interconnector to A/B the Vorzuge Duo & Wagnus.

Vorzuge wins hands down in mobility and just a bit of compromise on SQ while you are on-the-go and after this A/B & I had closed my classified on the Vorzuge and decide to keep it.

I did A/B on Tera.  But I did another A/B between 240 direct and Wagnus later in the afternoon and found I like the 240 feeding the Wagnus combo more.

Cheers

What made you change your mind about the ak240 + wagnus combo?

Nov 11, 2014 at 1:26 AM Post #694 of 704
What made you change your mind about the ak240 + wagnus combo?

I've found the 240/Wagnus combo is more open with palpable presence of musical instruments especially on those classical recordings.  

Tera/Wagnus, in contrast, is more tamed/rounded in interpretation or some calls analogue/musical...without comparison, it is an excellent combo that brings out all the best of Tera IMHO.

Nov 17, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #695 of 704
The best source I found for wagnus, this sound is truly desktop quality level. I struggled to open up to wagnus until Lotoo PAW gold arrives. I enjoy the PAW gold with certain IEM alone but buy the TH900 pairs remarkably well with wagnus and this amazing DAP.

Nov 19, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #696 of 704
The best source I found for wagnus, this sound is truly desktop quality level. I struggled to open up to wagnus until Lotoo PAW gold arrives. I enjoy the PAW gold with certain IEM alone but buy the TH900 pairs remarkably well with wagnus and this amazing DAP.

This Lotoo PAW gold is one expensive DAP too. How does it sound when compared to your other DAPs?

Nov 19, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #697 of 704

This Lotoo PAW gold is one expensive DAP too. How does it sound when compared to your other DAPs?

To my ears it has bested all the other daps. I will write a review for it soon but it is the only source that I like to use with wagnus.

Jan 18, 2016 at 3:50 AM Post #698 of 704
just sharing,

Wagnus combo with diy dap create by my friend (Dap using only arm m4 for cpu programed using assembly and 1 clock pll for playing 16-24/192 kHz wav, the player dac section using es9023+ad8397 as internal amp, the other is using tda1387 multibit chip)

sound fantastic using Kuro2

Thank you

May 29, 2021 at 3:38 AM Post #702 of 704
To those out there still holding on to this wonderful once upon a time best portable amp declared in this thread by some of us with minimalist design that sound matters only I had to say it never fade away.

It has given me a new lease of musical enjoyment again lately, pushing most of my IEMs especially my IMR in performing to its optimum. A good source coming from IBasso MAX superb line out has made this possible.

Took years to finally realise this old soldier loves a solid line in to work to its MAX potential, and of course thanking those folks in the Cayin C9 thread for sharing the wonders of having a good line out.

A snapshot to complete my compliment.

48D7B869-D955-4603-9F26-96CA4C941DB2.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back