Pop Tarts
Jun 26, 2009 at 8:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 68

fraseyboy

Headphoneus Supremus
They're not sold here so I've never eaten them.

Could someone possibly explain how they taste to me? I've heard they're good and I'd like to know how good. Maybe if the flavor is explained well enough I might be able to redirect the power of words into my tasting glands and experience the flavor?

Thanks.

Jun 26, 2009 at 8:23 AM Post #2 of 68
Trying to explain to you how anything tastes is like trying to detail what a headphone sounds like, only worse.

To many variables of both the food and the consumer to make a solid conclusion (heh, see that unintended joke there?).

Jun 26, 2009 at 9:37 AM Post #4 of 68
Don't really like it. Basically a bit like a hot biscuit with chocolate or what ever topping. Too sweet. Nothing to write home about. If you really want to try it, maybe you could get it via e-shop.

Jun 26, 2009 at 10:01 AM Post #5 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by SleepyOne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't really like it. Basically a bit like a hot biscuit with chocolate or what ever topping. Too sweet.

That sounds delicious :O

Jun 26, 2009 at 10:45 AM Post #6 of 68
Oh sorry... Thought we were discussing Brittany Spears and the like. I agree though taste like chicken.

Jun 26, 2009 at 12:18 PM Post #8 of 68
The jewel brand tastes better. I don't know if you have a jewel but their cookies base tastes much better and the filling you can actually taste the fruit/seasoning/whatever. Pop Tarts seem bland and boring in comparison.

well at least they used to. I think they changed the recipe a little in the cookies base. It seems a little lighter now, but nonetheless it is still better than pop tarts.

oh, and they taste pretty good but your not missing out on much. For something sweet to eat for breakfest-- I'd choose a nice coffee cake any day.

Jun 26, 2009 at 12:27 PM Post #9 of 68
To my taste, effing awful. Sweet, synthetic rubbish.

Gimme a good Danish pastry, a cinnamon donut or a churros anyday!

Jun 26, 2009 at 12:56 PM Post #11 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gimme a good churros anyday!

You're going down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by troymadison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love pop tarts. It isnice to live in a free country like the USA so I could buy them.

Umm, New Zealand isn't governed by a dictator either...

I think they taste too floury and way to sweet. It isn't good sweet like chocolate, synthetic sticky sweet that taste like pure sugar.

If you want, I can send some your way if you pay postage!

Jun 26, 2009 at 1:00 PM Post #12 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're not sold here so I've never eaten them.

I used to love them as a kid and I buy them, from time to time, now.

they've been around a long long time. they are certainly 'well known' here.

I picked a box of them as a joke icon for myself, for another forum, in fact ('popcorn hour' becomes ....)
wink.gif

my SO is from germany and she never heard of them, either. I think she liked them when she tried them, here.

frosted is too sweet for an adult (lol). the non frosted (no sugar layer on top) is more to my current liking
wink.gif

if you grew up with a food type, it always stays with you. there was another thing I grew up with that was a local famous thing that I can't find, now; its called 'tastycake' and was a philadelphia area favorite that seems to not exist outside of that area. I moved away and so can't find that stuff anymore.

Jun 26, 2009 at 1:03 PM Post #13 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To my taste, effing awful. Sweet, synthetic rubbish.

"mmm, nuked food"

someone said that, once. can't remember who
wink.gif

did you heat yours up? it makes all the diff.

it goes from 'cold sugary synthebiscuit' to a nice warm sugary bendable synthebiscuit.

wink.gif

Jun 26, 2009 at 1:07 PM Post #14 of 68
POP TARTS ARE AWESOME!!!

I never had them as a kid because they were too expensive. Now that I'm an adult of 43, I can buy them whenever I want to. My favorite is the cherry.

It's basically a pastry with fruit filling in the middle (or chocolate if you're into them). I think they have other fillings too. It's hard to describe how they taste because I haven't tasted anything else like them. They are sweet and the pastry shell is crumbly. Some folks eat them right out of the box while others toast them.

If you have the chance to try them, I highly recommend!
wink_face.gif

Jun 26, 2009 at 1:14 PM Post #15 of 68
strawberry. regular plain strawberry unfrosted.

toast them (both sides, normal toaster) until they are just about to show brown.

need to have a drink nearby, though
wink.gif

here's the forum I also post to, from time to time:

DIY: spdif coax/opto switch (interest check?)

(a sample post. you can see my doctored-up icon, lol).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back