Pittsburgh HeadPhile Meet!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 12, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #106 of 183
Good Luck mwhals!
There will be other chances some day if you don't, but I'd like to have you there!

Uhhmike,
this is less of a show, and more just members getting together. Who knows, maybe someone will want your Ether? I wanted one pretty badly after RMAF, I ended up taking the HD800 route instead but the Ether is an excellent headphone!

Ab_ba,
I was thinking Brunch-time, so maybe 10am-2pm? I'm just throwing that out there, don't have a reservation or anything yet.

Jan 20, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #107 of 183
I will be in the area the week of February 6th on business.

Jan 21, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #108 of 183
22nd works for me! Earlier in the day is better. 

Hey everybody,
The pool house... that was a clubhouse by a pool in my apartment complex btw, needs a deposit and stuff that we're not ready for yet.

BUT!
Panera has a "meeting room" that will be open tomorrow, with some plugs and stuff. We can have it to ourselves if we make at least $50 total in purchases. Was thinking of making this Brunch themed anyway, so Craig & I will be buying our food (that's like $20-$25 right there), so if anyone wants to meet us there for breakfast or brunch, we can have the room to ourselves if at least two more people buy a meal.

Added to the things I can bring: Massdrop sent me a gamer headset, the Sennheiser PC37X, based on the popular HD598 headphone but retuned for gaming... surprisingly good for $120, not to mention for a headset!

I don't think they'll keep the room for us for four hours... so, what I'm gonna do is have stuff ready, be there at 10:30am, Craig's coming sometime around then, we're gonna eat and if other people come we'll unpack headphones and have a good time!

Calendar link, with location & time:
webcal://p30-calendars.icloud.com/published/2/MdmwR7UMDARbjNrdyoFAHtHznwvS1JxcIk0xGNMRIII10BcQdJJ39cbAKtqu1ULPmx_o2HFgDCnE77uGj23Y4rKysE3X0fu7QuXBc-ZOcD4

Address:
1500 Washington Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15228
United States

Who is in?

Jan 21, 2017 at 11:29 PM Post #109 of 183
Too short of notice for me since I am 4 hours away.

Jan 22, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #112 of 183
Sweet guys!
I mentioned bringable stuff weeks before, but any specific "bring it!" Requests? Otherwise, I'll just bring the surprisingly good PC37X, iPad, Mojo. I'm gonna be close to home though if I want to grab something extra, ha Someday I want to show off headphone surround in gaming, which would be awesome, but we'd need a screen and I'd need to haul a bunch of stuff, lol.

Jan 22, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #114 of 183
Ok guys, I don't get many weekend days off work but I'm guessing those would be best... anybody have thoughts about doing the community meet on January 22? That's a Sunday.

22nd works for me! Earlier in the day is better. 

I hope the date chosen works for me due to upcoming work related travel.

I will be in the area the week of February 6th on business.

Too short of notice for me since I am 4 hours away.

Sorry, mentioned the 22nd awhile ago, was hoping for the pool house but that ended up being something to try again later. Craig was thinking about a February meet date, probably at MTME again... though if anyone else wants to host a meet or knows of a Pgh audio event and posts it here, I'll add it to the Pgh Head-Fi calendar for anyone to see and attend :) I'm personally still trying to figure out the rythmn of setting up meets alongside everything else in life... so, practicing here! Will get better at having things set in stone earlier, it's just hard when it looks like venues will cost money and I don't have my own venue.

Mentally, this got overshadowed by CanJam NYC in two weeks! Anyone else going to that big meet?

Jan 22, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #116 of 183
I'm here! I'll be inside by the entrance and a round table, in a dark green hat and black tee shirt, but when everyone gets here and we shoot the breeze a bit, im thinking we ask if we can sit in the VIP room till someone that reserved comes... lol!

Man, my phone camera lens is dirty, haha!

Jan 22, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #117 of 183

the Orange Flamingo Friends

Had a good time hanging out with John (nice easygoing guy!), we talked a lot more than I thought haha! He was also a good sounding board about meets...

So, let's set February 10th as the date of the next meet. That will also be after CanJam NYC, at least two of us (maybe John!) will be going and want to decrompress/argue/exuberate about the new stuff we heard, and will want to share with the 'burghers that won't make it. Date Confirmed, not tentative, that way you guys have some advanced notice. Location is the tentative thing...

I now know that Paneras with VIP Rooms can have the room reserved, as long as the room spends $50 total. So, if you bring lunch money, and we've got 5 people or more spending $10, we can do that.

I also learned that they want a deposit to use the poolhouse at my living complex, the manager was out but I'll find out how much that is and if it's returnable. That could be a nice environment for auditions and stuff too, and since it's close to my home I can bring screens to show off the effects of surround processing, more gear in general. Amp for the Stax.

All welcome! It's February, close to Valentines... you don't have to bring your valentine, but bring a date/buddy to share a ride and the experience! Once I get the location set (or if people make a vote), I'll make a new post and edit the first post with details.

Jan 22, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #118 of 183
February 10th is perfect! I am there for business through the 9th. I can take vacation on Friday and stay the extra night at my own cost. That way the trip up and back is paid for by my company.

Jan 22, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #119 of 183
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back