Pittsburgh HeadPhile Meet!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 21, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #76 of 183
Hopefully there will be a meet in February or around then. I should have one of the First ZMF Eikons which I can bring.

Dec 21, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #78 of 183
My man. That's cool. I'm down for a January meet for sure. Weekends for me are always best so hopefully that'll work out.

I haven't had the opportunity to hear ANY stats yet , so this will be interesting.

I'm working on getting a pair of Hifiman Edition X V1, in the next few weeks seeings the used price has dropped dramatically. So it's possible I'll have those to bring.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Cheers,
Sam

Yo Sam! This time around I don't think I am bringing any thing personally. I am going to be there around the time that Damn Clark will get there. I suspect he will be the main attraction with the new e-stats he is brining. This January we are going to hold a members driven meet where everyone is encouraged to bring their gear. Evshrug started a nice list of what we already have coming to the meet. If you think you could make a January meet we could then add your gear to the list. Once we can corridnate the date then we will fire it up on here, and then build the list of who is coming and with what gear!

Dec 21, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #79 of 183
Man I would love to hear the HEX. Evshrug talked highly of it after he came back from RMAF. I heard the HE1000 at a meet in Charlotte but it wasn't a lot of headtime. I am all about the stats ha. The mids and high ends they can produce are top notch. Bass is always a difficulty it seems so I am looking forward to hear what Dan has done in regards to his E-Stat. We are in for a treat duder!

Dec 22, 2016 at 12:10 AM Post #80 of 183
I may be able to make a January meet depending on the date. I have a few pieces of equipment that I can bring.

headphones
Audeze LCD-2
Audeze LCD-3
Beyerdynamic Tesla T1
Stax SR-007 MkI (late, I think)

source
Benchmark DAC-1 HDR
Logitech Transporter

amplification
Woo Audio WA6SE
Mjölnir-Audio KGSSHV Carbon

I have some other random stuff around, but nothing particularly interesting.

Dec 22, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #81 of 183
Great! With the headphones in your stable I feel like you are covering a ton of ground. I would love to hear the 007 and also the Tesla. I believe Olek who came to our meets before had a Tesla and we were A/Bing it with an HD800s. It was a fun time. I have yet to hear anything from Woo audio either...

Dec 22, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #82 of 183
Who all is going to the Mr. Speakers event at Music to My Ear tomorrow?  I'll most likely be there for a bit.

Dec 22, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #83 of 183
Yes I too am looking forward to a get together come February sometime and wanted to bring my eikon too. I believe this store just got a shipment of Sony z1r in so I'm hoping to do a direct comparison. Also really looking forward to evshrugs creative x7 setup with these two cans.

Dec 22, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #84 of 183
So far it's me and guidostrunk I believe... Evshrug has to work sadly. There is a big crew oh audiophiles that get an email from MTME so there is a good chance some of them will be there as well

Dec 23, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #85 of 183
I had a GREAT time this afternoon meeting Dan Clark, and probably some of you too. What a brilliant guy he is, and it was so cool to get an inside look at this industry I enjoy so much. 

I'd definitely be up for a local get-together sometime in early 2017. It would be fun to keep today's conversation going.  I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Dec 23, 2016 at 11:32 PM Post #86 of 183
wasn't that cool? i am glad i went. It's not every day that you get someone that high up in the industry to just shoot the breeze with...I thought it was fun that it was an impromptu sit down with everyone on chairs being able to talk about whatever we wanted. btw  ab_ba, where you get those Custom iems? I looked at the pic zoomed in to see the detail. so cool!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back