Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA
Dec 17, 2016 at 4:44 AM Post #1,351 of 1,830
Hi :)

How can i get my chord mojo to work with the pioneer??? I bought an micro to miro usb otg cable ( soundcare ) yesterday.But it doesnt work on my pioneer/mojo.I have an usb otg adapter that i have used before,and that cable works,but on tidal the music have clicks/lags.

My ipod touch 6gen works fine with the mojo.Really disapointed with the otg thing 
mad.gif

Dec 18, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #1,354 of 1,830
  With the new $399 price point, I'm thinking of buying the xdp 100.  I have two questions. First, can you transfer files over home network using a file manager like ES File Explorer? Second does the screen protector for the HTC M9 indeed work on the xdp 100?

​ I got the xdp 100 for Christmas and the answer to both of my questions is yes.  With all the experts in sound quality here how is it yo need pioneer to tell you which DAC third party apps are using?  You can't tell by the sound quality?  And if you can't, what difference does it make as long it sounds good to you?  Always been confused by audiophiles.  Sound is extremely subjective, so why argue about what sounds better. 

Dec 19, 2016 at 6:08 AM Post #1,355 of 1,830
​ I got the xdp 100 for Christmas and the answer to both of my questions is yes.  With all the experts in sound quality here how is it yo need pioneer to tell you which DAC third party apps are using?  You can't tell by the sound quality?  And if you can't, what difference does it make as long it sounds good to you?  Always been confused by audiophiles.  Sound is extremely subjective, so why argue about what sounds better. 

Dec 20, 2016 at 7:07 AM Post #1,358 of 1,830
I got my Xdp-100r last week and i tried the stock app and poweramp 3 alpha and i couldnt hear any difference between both apps i used my stagediver sd2 and b&o h6 and 16bit flacs,
my htc m9 uses the snapdragon dac and it sounded flat and less detailed compared to xdp-100r.

i still think its a rumor that xdp-100r uses different dacs it may be that highres 24+ bit audio gets downsampled.

Dec 20, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #1,359 of 1,830
I've tried Player Pro, Neutron, Poweramp, and the stock player.  I hear very little difference between all of them.  I love this player.  I've had several android devices so it's extremely user friendly for me.  Definitely a strong difference between the audio quality from the xdp 100 and my phone, tablet, or even the Plenue D.  Would never have bought it at 699, but seems like a deal at 399.

Dec 20, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #1,360 of 1,830
So I just found out about this player and I'm extremely interested. I have a few questions. Can it drive a pair of HD650 without additional amping. Also being an iOS user my streaming service of choice is Apple Music. Would the Apple Music app from the Play Store work on this device? Thanks in advance,

Dec 21, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #1,362 of 1,830

Users who are viewing this thread

Back