Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Oct 18, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #14,300 of 37,674
Thanks,

Btw. This is the Oppo HA-2, really nice dac/amp
biggrin.gif

Oct 18, 2014 at 9:41 AM Post #14,301 of 37,674
Some side by side listening...

hiJeff..nice gears!
what do you think about RS1e? Mind if u share your thoughts with me? Do you find it "different"as well like i do to the previous rs1i?

Thanks.
yon.[/quote]

I'm starting to think the RS1e is a very special headphone at the price.  To be fair, 99% of my previous experience is with the "buttoned" RS1, but tonally I'm hard pressed to think one cannot enjoy these with rock or your more progressive jazz tracks.  My only other current Grado is my HF-2, and it has a more "distant" sound, and its less comfortable due to being heavier and having a narrower headband.  And portable lovers should love how it comes packed with 2m cable, and an extension cable for more traditional home listening.

My only gripe it that there seems to be a mid-bass drop off, and somewhere in that range seems to be less lively.  As a former tuba player, I always like when that instrument gets its 15 seconds in the sun.  And in Fleetwood Mac "Tusk", and Paul Simon's "The Boy in the Bubble", that instrument suffers a bit.  My HF-2 doesn't have that same issue...

I already miss them, as they are a TTVJ loaner.  But sadly my HF-2s might have to go to fund a pair of these....

Oct 18, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #14,303 of 37,674

My only gripe it that there seems to be a mid-bass drop off, and somewhere in that range seems to be less lively.  

Thanks Jeff...this could be the right answer of my curiosity so far...which i feel the same way as you do "less lively". 
They are a lovely phones, thou i need to get use it 1st with these new 50mm drivers before i can enjoy it more. 
smile.gif

Oct 18, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #14,304 of 37,674
Thanks,

Btw. This is the Oppo HA-2, really nice dac/amp :D  

Ik hahaha... just planning my new audio purchase... seems like a good dac/amp but I'm guessing it's very ex?

The price hasn't been finalised yet. The OPPO representative here on Head-Fi said it's going to be priced above $100, but below $500. XD

Oct 18, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #14,307 of 37,674

My first Sony love, in what has to be a decade....

iPod Touch 4th gen -> HiFi-M8 -> MDR-Z7

Oct 18, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #14,308 of 37,674

A Memorex refurb, just five dollars. It's very strange how clear it sounds playing U2's Rattle and Hum on the Sony XBA-2. They are the only cans I have now (I am just divorced and my wife got half of the planet and half of my soul), but they get along really nice.

Oct 19, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #14,309 of 37,674

My first Sony love, in what has to be a decade....

iPod Touch 4th gen -> HiFi-M8 -> MDR-Z7

Wow you got the Z7! Here in Germany still not available...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back