Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Aug 22, 2013 at 5:52 AM Post #6,272 of 37,723
Quote:
Is that a camera case? Looks to fit perfectly! Can you tell us what the brand and model number is?

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

It is a perfect fit... Sold as an 'Mp3 player case' at MUJI stores (their own brand - but not for sale online for some reason). Sorry I can't find a product number.

Best thing is the price - £2 GBP (that's a few cents over $3 USD)

Aug 22, 2013 at 6:33 AM Post #6,273 of 37,723
My portable stack! Bigger than bricks!

JK. I don't carry all these around. These are for storing my gears while I'm home.

Guess what's inside them.

Top left: UERM
Top right: AK100+Leckerton UHA-6S.MKII+Fiio Mini-Mini
Bottom left: MDR-7550
Bottom right: T-PEOS H-200
I have all three kind of iems: BA, Dynamic, and Hybrid! I haven't heard stax iems though...

Aug 22, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #6,275 of 37,723
Quote:
My portable stack! Bigger than bricks!

JK. I don't carry all these around. These are for storing my gears while I'm home.

My IEM are in various Pelican and Otterbox cases. Have just invested in smartphone pouches + portable HDD hard cases to store the Clas -dB (paranoid about the paint). Works well enough

Aug 22, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #6,277 of 37,723
If you are a traveller I would stick to dry boxes lined with foam.

My transportable rig stays at home and does not see sunlight. So putting the -dB inside a smartphone pouch and then inside a portable HDD hard case is enough. Maybe too much. Who knows, means the original packaging can be put away out of sight.

It was a money saving idea I had before buying more dry boxes.

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #6,278 of 37,723
For portability i have a nice small camera case for my ipod-dd 12v ltd-apex glacier with a zippered front pocket for my cables. I keep it in my sling bag and therefore can bring it anywherw and when I need to test new cans I just bring it out. But nowadays I just bring a HM-901 and its line out dock and stereo cable dock.

Aug 23, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #6,281 of 37,723
Quote:
If you are a traveller I would stick to dry boxes lined with foam.

My transportable rig stays at home and does not see sunlight. So putting the -dB inside a smartphone pouch and then inside a portable HDD hard case is enough. Maybe too much. Who knows, means the original packaging can be put away out of sight.

It was a money saving idea I had before buying more dry boxes.

I am a frequent traveler, so that's why I was considering them. Shoving in my iems with soft cases into a bag full of books and other electronics doesn't seem like a good iem.

Aug 23, 2013 at 8:20 AM Post #6,284 of 37,723
Aug 23, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #6,285 of 37,723
Looks custom - very sweet :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back