Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jun 19, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #4,861 of 37,643
Thoroughly enjoying the simplicity of a stand-alone DAP. So far, loving the sound with this pairing. Will need to test out some of my other toys with it, but I'm quite impressed with the SQ of the new AK120. 

Jun 19, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #4,863 of 37,643
Quote:
Thoroughly enjoying the simplicity of a stand-alone DAP. So far, loving the sound with this pairing. Will need to test out some of my other toys with it, but I'm quite impressed with the SQ of the new AK120. 

First AK120 in the States?  At least on Head-Fi...

Jun 19, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #4,867 of 37,643
Have you already tried the Westone Star tips with them? A lot of people like that combo. Still on the brink to order some. I get really good seal with the standard tips, but other tips might improve the sound more....

I haven't heard Westone Star tips
The shipping cost to indonesia is to expensive about 35 Usd , that's why I hold to buy Westone Star tips .

Jun 19, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #4,868 of 37,643
Quote:
Congrats mtthefirst for your first owner in head fi go dap TT
What kind of op amp do you use for go dap TT ?
Please share your impression compare to go dap x LME 49860
Thank you

Pre-amp stage is Raytheon 6111SQ Sub MT tube. For power-amp stage, they use NJM 8080 that surface mount onto the PCB, so it can't be replaced. My pre-order deal also come with dual Raytheon 5707 tube but they will ship later this month due to last minute modification.

My initial impression on TT is that it's warm and very smooth. Clarity is not as good as LME49860.

Here is the inside.

Jun 19, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #4,869 of 37,643
Pre-amp stage is Raytheon 6111SQ Sub MT tube. For power-amp stage, they use NJM 8080 that surface mount onto the PCB, so it can't be replaced. My pre-order deal also come with dual Raytheon 5707 tube but they will ship later this month due to last minute modification.

My initial impression on TT is that it's warm and very smooth. Clarity is not as good as LME49860.

Here is the inside.

Thsnk you mtthefirst
This what I worry about clarity , if less than my go dap x LME 49860 , than this time I skip :D

How is power wise , which one is more power ?

Jun 19, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #4,870 of 37,643
Quote:
Thsnk you mtthefirst
This what I worry about clarity , if less than my go dap x LME 49860 , than this time I skip
biggrin.gif

How is power wise , which one is more power ?

Pretty much the same between X and TT. On the box, it said 80mW at 32Ω but it's actually 120mW at 32Ω.

Jun 19, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #4,871 of 37,643
Quote:

Great rig, I have the same apart from the Uber. How is it in terms in ergonomics ? (the sound I am not asking...) Could you use it on the go ?

Jun 19, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #4,872 of 37,643
Quote:
Great rig, I have the same apart from the Uber. How is it in terms in ergonomics ? (the sound I am not asking...) Could you use it on the go ?

I wish, but I can say with 100% certainty... you wouldn't want to take this cable outside. It might be well suited for traveling, meaning in an area were you can sit down, not moving around, but the one (rather larger) con that I have with the cable is the ergonomics and fragility. Even adjusting and moving my head (bopping my head to the beat 
biggrin.gif
) can bring some weird strain on the cable which is a definite no-no. The sound is amazing, so if you are okay with a cable that keeps you stationary (for the most part) than the uBer might be for you. I haven't tried it on the go yet, but I'm scared to try, so if you get it, YMMV. 

Jun 19, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #4,873 of 37,643
I haven't heard Westone Star tips
The shipping cost to indonesia is to expensive about 35 Usd , that's why I hold to buy Westone Star tips .

Hi Rudi,
You can buy the Westone Star tips from an eBay seller in Canada. I believed it is ard US$19, with postage included. Got mine from him. I used them on my SE215 Ltd

Jun 19, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #4,874 of 37,643
Quote:

I wish, but I can say with 100% certainty... you wouldn't want to take this cable outside. It might be well suited for traveling, meaning in an area were you can sit down, not moving around, but the one (rather larger) con that I have with the cable is the ergonomics and fragility. Even adjusting and moving my head (bopping my head to the beat 
biggrin.gif
) can bring some weird strain on the cable which is a definite no-no. The sound is amazing, so if you are okay with a cable that keeps you stationary (for the most part) than the uBer might be for you. I haven't tried it on the go yet, but I'm scared to try, so if you get it, YMMV. 

That's what I thought...thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back