Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Mar 29, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #3,166 of 37,745
Wanna redo my Sub so errrrrm:

Westone 4s

Some Ultra Portable Amps

Fireye Amps and CustomCans Uber Modded HD-25s

Erm are these rigs as portable as the source? This is one of my AK100 rigs heheheh. Optical to Rein Audio X3-DAC to Tube Amp Bl-2 to HE-500 :D

Mar 29, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #3,169 of 37,745
Quote:

It is nice to have choices....
biggrin.gif

Mar 29, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #3,170 of 37,745
Quote:
I saw this picture on my Facebook feed and couldn't help, but take it to this thread!

To me, I think the Audeze LCD 2 fit that 2013 picture perfectly :')

That is hilarious. I laughed 'til it hurt.
It's good to make fun of ourselves and this skewers the head-fi hipster wonderfully.

Mar 29, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #3,171 of 37,745
My new portable rig.
5.5G iMod 80gb w/Rockbox -> ALO V2 -> RSA P51 Mustang -> Grado 3.5mm adapter cable -> AT W5000

Had trouble finding a good portable bag for my stuff, the W5000 case is big!
Configured a Cannon camera bag, which works really well for the phones.

Burn time so far is about 25 hours, and I'm pretty happy so far. Clear sound, and the bass is pretty good considering all that ppl say about the low end on the AT's. This my first high end audio attempt, and plan to use this rig on the bus since I spend about 2hrs per day on it. Looking forward to the bus a little more now. :D

Hoping it sounds even better after it is all broken in. Might pick up some M50's for a little low end variety since I listen to a wide variety of styles. My only concern is the RSA has some hiss when turned up and has static whenever you turn the volume knob. Also, when I switch the gain from low to med or high, I can't turn it up much without the left earpiece distorting and cutting out. Keeping the gain on low for now, sounds best there.

photo sharing sites

Mar 29, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #3,173 of 37,745
Like his community profile, I think he's just gonna taunt us
Quote:
And are you going to enlighten us with a opinion based on solid arguments or are you just taunting??

Mar 29, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #3,174 of 37,745
Lol I can't even take a nap without people thinking I'm a troll, it's totally just my opinion but I didn't care for it. Bad battery life, no LOD port :'( and too small for my hands lol. Idk I just think your better off going with an older nano. The sound quality was ok but not stellar. And oh yeah it's 150 BUCKS

Mar 30, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #3,175 of 37,745
Quote:
My new portable rig.
5.5G iMod 80gb w/Rockbox -> ALO V2 -> RSA P51 Mustang -> Grado 3.5mm adapter cable -> AT W5000

Had trouble finding a good portable bag for my stuff, the W5000 case is big!
Configured a Cannon camera bag, which works really well for the phones.

Burn time so far is about 25 hours, and I'm pretty happy so far. Clear sound, and the bass is pretty good considering all that ppl say about the low end on the AT's. This my first high end audio attempt, and plan to use this rig on the bus since I spend about 2hrs per day on it. Looking forward to the bus a little more now.
biggrin.gif

Hoping it sounds even better after it is all broken in. Might pick up some M50's for a little low end variety since I listen to a wide variety of styles. My only concern is the RSA has some hiss when turned up and has static whenever you turn the volume knob. Also, when I switch the gain from low to med or high, I can't turn it up much without the left earpiece distorting and cutting out. Keeping the gain on low for now, sounds best there.

photo sharing sites

Nice rig Malmc02!
How do you find the iMod compared to other regular i-devices? Thinking about picking one up in the future.

Mar 30, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #3,176 of 37,745
Nice rig Malmc02!
How do you find the iMod compared to other regular i-devices? Thinking about picking one up in the future.
Send a message to compicat he can Imod one that you already have for 170 usd, I don't know if that deal includes a black gate LOD cable so u'll have to ask him. Also he told me his Imod is the same if not better than red wine audio Imod

Mar 30, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #3,177 of 37,745
Quote:
Send a message to compicat he can Imod one that you already have for 170 usd, I don't know if that deal includes a black gate LOD cable so u'll have to ask him. Also he told me his Imod is the same if not better than red wine audio Imod

Thanks, good to know. Making the deal much more tempting.

Mar 30, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #3,178 of 37,745
Quote:
Here you go, this is my portable rig. KISS- Keep It Simple Stupid!!!    UERM + Nano 7th generation.

I'm literally drooling. 
beerchug.gif
 for minimalism

Mar 30, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #3,180 of 37,745
Quote:
He sells stuff on eBay too. You can buy a ipod 5.5 that he imodded with the black gate LOD all for 240 bucks

Pretty sure Red Wine Audio owns the trademark/intellectual property rights to iMod. Any other modifications done by someone else should be considered DIYmod's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back