Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jan 14, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #15,256 of 37,700
  the price-friendly Grado 225e...i am just so happy for it, nice fun vivid sound! 
wink.gif

Remembers me the Tera Player and PortaPro Combo somehow

Jan 14, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #15,257 of 37,700

I've been an audiophile for about 6 years now (musiclover much longer) but portable fidelity is something that's new to me so please forgive my ignorance: what type of player is this? It looks quite nice, almost as nice as the hardwood floor
wink.gif

Thanks, it's a Hidizs Ap100, the sound is fantastic, very neutral with lower bass and soundstage extension. For 220$ to get a pretty looking thing like that with an awesome leather cover, I think that was one heck of an investment :)

Jan 14, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #15,259 of 37,700
I don't know if i'm posting on the right thread. But here goes my DIY case for my DAPs. Just sharing, in case it can give some people out there some ideas where to start. :)

#inb4, wasted $12 to order a case from mp4nation earlier this morning before i came across this idea.

So i used my SIII box. The phone was long gone but well, i'm a keeper. And thank God for that coz i finally found the use of it. The box can be closed firmly and it won't open up if the box suddenly goes upside down in the bag, as the original seal sticker is still there to act as a hinge.

Then i took the foam from the box of my mouse and watch.

The small foam popping out was intended to be cut that way. So i can easily pull the whole first level off and get to the 'basement'.

Reused the paper from SIII box to give a protection between the two.

Put a layer of foam at the bottom of the box as a shock absorber. Planned to do the same at the top but then no space already. And i found that wasn't necessary.

Very portable for travel. Not much space taken. I don't bring an amp out so far. Will modify this DIY case accordingly if i want to later on. :wink:

Jan 14, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #15,260 of 37,700
Howww?? What is the dap you're upgrading to? I remember you from the dx90 thread, and your k10s. You sounded like this was endgame, i know it never is. You might have caught some upgradititis :)

I made a huge mistake. I listened to the AK240 while considering a one-box solution... So now I've ordered an AK120 II. don't need native DSD and I prefer the form factor of the 120 II to the AK240. (And the price kinda matters a bit)

Jan 14, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #15,261 of 37,700
I've settled with the DX90 as a one box solution and hardly ever use my SR-71B these days as the DX90 is plenty good enough. Even with my HE-500 the DX90 does a great job although it does get better with the SR-71B but the extra bulk and hassle of a dedicated charger and having to charge 2 devices was just more than I could be bothered with in the end.

Jan 14, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #15,262 of 37,700
I've settled with the DX90 as a one box solution and hardly ever use my SR-71B these days as the DX90 is plenty good enough. Even with my HE-500 the DX90 does a great job although it does get better with the SR-71B but the extra bulk and hassle of a dedicated charger and having to charge 2 devices was just more than I could be bothered with in the end.

Same, the DX90 sounds great all on its own. I've never amped it yet and I have no willingness to.

Jan 14, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #15,264 of 37,700
Didnt the DX90 have alot of interface problems.

I find the DX90 ui near perfect for my use, if only it lasted longer on a charge

Jan 14, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #15,265 of 37,700
Didnt the DX90 have alot of interface problems.

DX50 did on release, it was very unstable from my expereince, however, on later firmware its basically stable now. DX90 uses pretty much the same UI, so by the time it released the firmware was advanced enough to not cause many headaches.

Jan 14, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #15,267 of 37,700
  Can you change the battery on the 50 or 90

Yes, it's the same battery as is used for the S*msung Galaxy S3.

Cheers,
K

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #15,268 of 37,700
The new kid in town. XDuoo X2 and T-Peos H-300.

Check it out here > http://www.head-fi.org/t/748909/xduoo-x2-small-lossless-player-with-microsd-and-oled

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:46 AM Post #15,269 of 37,700
How is the bass with your set up?

Bass is good. 225e has a little punch too it..not a boom boom kind ofcoz, but it's very nice and still maintain the grado's signature, crisp, precise, fun and VERY good imaging as always.

I'm glad you didn't say "Price friendly rig"...

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
  actually this testing was to prove me once again that i like my Flow than my Hugo. And proven already. Not sure why, but i dont really like Hugo's signature. It has a fuller signature than Flow, but every time i pair it with my iems and cans, i dont realy like it. Especially when using optical out from ak240, sound so blah to me. I prefer using Hugo's coax-in, sounded better. Perhaps i need a better quality optical cable to make it sound "better". But as for now, i take Flow to Hugo (based on iems/cans that i have)

Remembers me the Tera Player and PortaPro Combo somehow

i like the sound of tera too. But it's a bit picky for the pairing. Tera+grado sound good, but not amazing. The only big reason i let my tera go, it's the no-screen. But my Tera was the most easiest to pass a wife question, bcos i said to her last time i bot that only 50 box, made in china, and she believe me. HAHAHAHA....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back