Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jan 22, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #1,486 of 37,711
Finally got the portable set up that works for for all my situations.

This is for road trips and when I'm gonna be away for a few days.

This is for chores around the house, little walks, etc.

And this is my quickie set up, for when I don't feel like or can't carrying a bunch of stuff.

Jan 22, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #1,488 of 37,711
Quote:
What are those tips on the ie8s.  Do they help with isolation or sound quality at all? 

Are those the Active line of Complys? How do you like them? They look scratchy and uncomfortable, but I find that my T-400/TX-100 (Isolation line) fall out easily. What do you think of their comfort/isolation compared to other tips?

Nope, They're the S-Series. They may not look it But they're actually properly soft and comfy lol.
Personally I love them :)

Hello jham, as quoted, Paul's rig has the S-series. I haven't tried comply yet, but I will say that the foam tips I'm using on my IE80s definitely affect both isolation and sound. Isolation has significantly improved, and the bass has become a little heavier (I use the minimum bass-dial setting now, from 2/5 before), while the highs' presence is reduced. The IE80 is not a sibilant headphone, but foam tips made my highs 'duller' (opposite of sharp, I guess). I am in favour of the sound change, as I use them a lot on airplanes and trains, where more bass rumble isolates better.

My foams - Hippo M+, from Jaben at 12 SGD for 6 pairs. They aren't premium for sure, but they are easy on the wallet and I like them!

Jan 23, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #1,490 of 37,711

That's my portable kit. A plethora of MD/Hi-MD/Auvi recorders to shake off the iPod monotony.

Bonus is they have a built-in line out mode which means no LOD or DAC.

FXZ200, GR07 MK2, FX700 and the JH16,

MadDogs by headfi's very own Dan, beautiful sound by these babies. Great isolation plus comfort for portable usage

Objective2 and iBasso DB2/PB2 combo. They power the MadDogs and the JH16 fantastically after an upgrade of buffers and opamps from Ron (HiFlight on headfi) for the PB2.

Jan 23, 2013 at 5:09 AM Post #1,491 of 37,711
How are the FX700s? Do you consider them to be an upgrade compared to the GR07s?

Jan 23, 2013 at 5:20 AM Post #1,493 of 37,711
Quote:

That's my portable kit. A plethora of MD/Hi-MD/Auvi recorders to shake off the iPod monotony.

Bonus is they have a built-in line out mode which means no LOD or DAC.

FXZ200, GR07 MK2, FX700 and the JH16,

MadDogs by headfi's very own Dan, beautiful sound by these babies. Great isolation plus comfort for portable usage

Objective2 and iBasso DB2/PB2 combo. They power the MadDogs and the JH16 fantastically after an upgrade of buffers and opamps from Ron (HiFlight on headfi) for the PB2.

Nice here is mine

RH1 > Toxic silver pioson Mini 2 mini > RSA The Shadow > Toxic silver pioson EIM cable > Heir 3.ai+
(running the RH1 via line out)

Jan 23, 2013 at 5:24 AM Post #1,494 of 37,711
Gotta say, the RH1 has a very clean line out.

Just remember not to plug in your IEM,s direct when running in line out mode
frown.gif

Destroyed a pair of IEM in the process.

Edit: The RH1 looks very classy in your pic. A sort of dignified elder gent who heading into the sunrise and might not be the latest/greatest but can still pull a trick or two.

I also use MD recorders as a DAC for my laptop.Google to see how to use a MD as a DAC/Soundcard. Sounds great too.

Jan 23, 2013 at 5:29 AM Post #1,495 of 37,711
Quote:
Gotta say, the RH1 has a very clean line out.

Just remember not to plug in your IEM,s direct when running in line out mode
frown.gif

Destroyed a pair of IEM in the process.

That is true. I have a few Hi-md players. So am using RH11 solely with an amp and the NH3D for use with no amp.

The combination sounds very good.

Jan 23, 2013 at 5:47 AM Post #1,498 of 37,711
Back To The Future
tongue.gif

My future portable player. Still sealed and intact. Digital amp and inbuilt line out.

The joy of unboxing a gadget with all the accessories and kit&kaboodle is sorely missing today unlike these babies.

We don't even get a proper charger and separate usb cable for crying out loud
angry_face.gif

Jan 23, 2013 at 6:05 AM Post #1,500 of 37,711
REALTIME!!  (Find me a slower recording rate
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
)

I use PCM mode recording optically with FLAC/WAV/CD only.

I belong to the school of thought which believes music is for listening and relaxing and not comparing your "size".

Its not a personal taunt to you or anyone else but just my general belief.

I realize some prefer quicker ipods and even I have have a few Sony DAP,s such as the Vaio VGF-AP1L, HD1/3/5 and the A3000/1000.

For me nothing beats the silky smooth MD sound especially the Digital amps and the Sharp 1 bit Auvi amps. They are legendary in sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back