Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Apr 20, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #4,653 of 7,509

A865, Fiio E11, Fiio LOD, Cruddy IEM's - Best I could Manage on my limited budget, hopefully a pair of Soundmagic PL50's should arrive tomorrow.

I had a max budget of £50 for IEM's, I couldn't think what to get hence PL50's.  I'm sure you'll all tell me I could have purchased better, but the PL50's always seemed to get a favourable review & comments here.  Any suggestions bearing in mind that £50 really is my max (can return PL50's if you all reckon I've made a dumb decision)?

Also looking for a lower profiled Walkman LOD, with side exiting cable & 90deg jack into amp.  I'm unable to make one myself as I've only got one working arm & suffer 24/7 chronic pain.  I'm not looking for charity, I'm happy to pay (just not through the nose), something cheap & functional, that does look like total crap - If anyone is willing to help, you'll make this cripples day - LOL !

Apr 20, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #4,654 of 7,509

Quote:
That's why the Westones are on their way. It's been a gradual process upgrading or on occasion side grading along the way.
I might get the Triple-Fis shelled to see if that does anything or might just save the cash and consider customs.
Main issue with customs is there is no audiologist on Ice Station Zebra...then of course there's the crazy cost of custom IEMs these days which make try and resell an expensive and problematic option.
Really have no idea which customs to spring for either and at these prices it makes for a hard decision.

I hear ya! I would absolutely recommend 1964 Ears. They're super responsive, cheap, and fast. With that rig you have, a 1964 Ears Quads will blow those Westone 4s out of water. 

Apr 20, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #4,655 of 7,509
You know, I have Heir 4.A on the way... but I still might have to get the 1964Quads.... just because...
Quote:

I hear ya! I would absolutely recommend 1964 Ears. They're super responsive, cheap, and fast. With that rig you have, a 1964 Ears Quads will blow those Westone 4s out of water. 

Apr 20, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #4,662 of 7,509
Apr 21, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #4,664 of 7,509
Hey guys, I'm new to this sorta thing. What do you use to stick your MP3 players and amps together? Is it velcro? Do you just double-sided tape velcro on the backs of each?

Apr 21, 2012 at 2:11 AM Post #4,665 of 7,509

Quote:
Hey guys, I'm new to this sorta thing. What do you use to stick your MP3 players and amps together? Is it velcro? Do you just double-sided tape velcro on the backs of each?

Hi, you can use bands, double sided tape or 3M dual lock tape, I have a selection of rubber bands all different size and colour. that get's me by. Others have cut a bike tyre tube into small strips using it as a band. Or you can purchase o-rings from a hardware store. There's many options but what you want is something that can be reused. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back