Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Jul 8, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #4,668 of 10,933

Quote:
I love Chrome, but the lightweightedness makes it not work out so well for me. I like to keep 30-50 tabs open sometimes, and even with 8GB RAM and 4 in my laptop it still crashes a bit more often than I'd like. When I  need to restart my computer, it can't save those tabs either. That's why I like Firefox, and now Firefox is just as fast. I still haven't left Chrome because I'm too lazy to download Firefox 5 and I love the omnibar. My 2 cents.

I've found that if you hit command+shift+t (the open-last-closed-tab shortcut) even after you've quit chrome it will open all the tabs you had open before you quit, although I can't remember if it saves between restarts and I don't know if that only works on Mac OS X (which is what I use). If I feel paranoid that I really need to save some tabs I use this extension.

on the topic of pictures I think I'm going to wait until I get back to school in the fall because right now my set-up / room is a little messy...

Jul 8, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #4,672 of 10,933
:eek: For the love of Dog... SPEAKER STANDS!!!!!!

Tweeters should be at ear level, angles look pretty good, give me your recliner it looks soft.

:wink:

Also, I don't think having the turntable on the speaker is a good idea.

If you don't want to buy speaker stands you can make some stuff to at least elevate your speakers. Concrete blocks or if you're fashion-conscious, concrete blocks covered up with fabric. :D

Jul 8, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #4,673 of 10,933
Seriously the room first - If you are keeping the audio eq. in that room - place the sofa and anything away from the front of those speakers. If seeing the TV is the issue - then raise the TV to a higher level of eye-sight and then make some space in the room - let the speakers - speak. Take photos when you are done and then we can progress from there...

and YES - they need to raised.

You could start a separate thread on this - and then we can help from there as long as you tell us where your post is...

Jul 8, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #4,674 of 10,933

Quote:
Seriously the room first - If you are keeping the audio eq. in that room - place the sofa and anything away from the front of those speakers. If seeing the TV is the issue - then raise the TV to a higher level of eye-sight and then make some space in the room - let the speakers - speak. Take photos when you are done and then we can progress from there...

and YES - they need to raised.

You could start a separate thread on this - and then we can help from there as long as you tell us where your post is...

And do yourself a favor and get rid of the wood paneling. 
biggrin.gif
 (Brings back bad memories. My house was built in 1971, so it had that stuff on every wall. We got rid of it years ago and never looked back).

Jul 8, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #4,675 of 10,933
Jul 8, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #4,676 of 10,933
Feel a bit harsh now - but mate - start a separate thread and we will assist you one step at a time...you could buy really expensive eq but it would be wasted in the set up you have there because it would not sound good at all. Acoustics for speakers - room - all very important...

Jul 9, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #4,677 of 10,933
OK, my response. I know about the speaker stands and the tweeters at ear level. I had some perfect speaker stands for these speakers that did just that, but one of them molded on the bottom from wet carpet from a leaking washing machine in the laundry room in the back, so my dad threw it away. So I had one on the left speaker, and it sounded SO much better than the right one with that tweeter at ear level. But, then the right one sounded so weird being at a different height I just took the stand off of the left one for the sake of keeping them at the same height. So yes, I had that in mind and I should have mentioned that. The receiver is OLD as in like 15yrs old. The remote only can do like volume and the remote literally tells a motor to turn the volume knob, no joke, its that old. That's why I considered the Marantz integrated above because it would be a powerful amp, and it has a great phono stage for the price point according to Stereophile. I also considered the Harman/Kardon one even though it probably isnt as good because it is cheaper, and 2 LFE ports would be nice to have for that pair of subwoofers I mentioned. With the room acoustics and the walls, well I'm only 13 I'll be honest and this isnt my house, so yeah, can't do anything about that. The carpet is also absorbing lots of the bass, and with these passive radiators, and my love of hip hop, this makes me a bit annoyed. Maybe I can move to another room. I have a basement, and the acoustics down there are probably even worse! Plus, in April, my mother was found dead down there on the couch, so being down there does not bring happy thoughts, and does anything but clear my mind, so not the best place for a listening setup. Is the room I'm in THAT bad? There isn't really anywhere else to move my stereo except the basement, and I don't want it up any higher in my house because I don't want to disturb my dad in his room, while he is sleeping or working. This whole "den" area I have it in is actually an add on to the house and not part of the original house design, FYI. From outside to inside, the walls are probably less than a foot wide, and are partly hollow when I knock on them from the inside. I have almost all of the room in the world in this room, though, so moving the speakers so they can "speak" or "breathe" is TOTALLY an option. The speakers are not ported or anything whatsoever, completely closed box, so I don't quite know if giving them more room would help or not. I don;t know if I mentioned this above, but they are Polk Audio Monitor 10s (http://www.polkaudio.com/homeaudio/products/recent/monitor10/). If they need room, I can just turn the room 180 degrees and put everything in the back, so I can spread out more since the shelves are in the way now, and a window also. I also believe that having the table in front of the speakers like that is not ideal either. Well there ya go! I can change pretty much anything except the walls, carpet etc (the room itself). I'll update you guys with the new thread! Also, I am leaving on Sunday and will be out of town until the afternoon of the 21st, so please stay with me and just have patience for my response! I might be able to respond while gone, but don't count on it. I apologize for this.

Jul 9, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #4,678 of 10,933
Is your Enter key broken? :) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back