Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Jul 7, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #4,636 of 10,933

I wish...... 
frown.gif

The best i've got is a wharfedale micro system hooked up via an aux to headphone jack cable. 
redface.gif

The speakers still pack a fair wallop though with the x-bass function on. 
tongue.gif

Jul 8, 2011 at 5:28 AM Post #4,637 of 10,933
Yes! When is it out? Burn Notice is out tonight too, woohoo!

Jul 8, 2011 at 12:51 PM Post #4,641 of 10,933
This is the big trouble with using this website - it is REAL easy to start spending more - whether it is cans, amps or computer audio, speakers etc....

Jul 8, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #4,643 of 10,933
Keep a pair of stock apple earbuds near your setup. Whenever you feel the need to upgrade while browsing head-fi, plug those earbuds into your source, play a 128 kbps file, and proceed to rape your ears for a few minutes. Afterwards, plug in your regular gear and be awed/happy at what you have. It also helps to chant "laws of diminishing return" repeatedly.

It doesn't work all the time but its usually enough to stave off most of my urges to upgrade. Its like having a nice meal before shopping for groceries.
Quote:
I really feel like I need more gear now...

Jul 8, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #4,646 of 10,933
Sometimes I open Internet Explorer and see how bad all those people who still use it have it...

I think we could start an entire thread of these...

Jul 8, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #4,647 of 10,933

Quote:
Sometimes I open Internet Explorer and see how bad all those people who still use it have it...

I think we could start an entire thread of these...

For the record, as a straight browser, IE9 is arguably better than Firefox 4 and IE10 is shaping up to solidify that.

And I never open up old versions of IE if I don't have to. It makes me want to cry. For the record, to anyone who doesn't have the lastest version of their browser, I dislike you strongly. To anyone who has IE but not IE9, I loath you with a passion.

OK, not really. But you are making my job a lot harder than it should be.

Jul 8, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #4,650 of 10,933

Quote:
I would like to say something. Google Chrome. That is all.

Or Safari. Chrome gets all the giddy sexy comments because it's so light-weight as an app but Safari runs the exact same rendering engine but with H.264 video instead of WebM. That being said, I love the Omnibar so I'm a Chrome guy.

But yeah... Any Grade-A browser is alright by me in terms of what people use. It's just the people in IE6 and IE7 whom I want to hunt down and hit them with sticks all the while crying and screaming, "Why do you hate the internet so much!?"

Dramatic? Yes. True? Definitely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back