Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Mar 29, 2009 at 6:10 AM Post #931 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
funnily enough, the shure olives hurt my ears. i get sore after only a little bit, same with silicon flanges.

Man, shure olives hurt my ears too! Complys are so much better... if only they lasted longer.
frown.gif

Mar 30, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #933 of 3,305
i sent my pfe's back today.. but i did get a chance to try them with the E5

for me, the improvement was seriously huge... it even made me consider keeping them.. but i already ordered the ie7 so i just returned the PFE's anyway

so yah, just wanna say that even with a cheap $20 E5, the improvement is very noticeable... i had the e5 on full volume w/ bass boost and the PFE's sounded MUCH better.. the sound was a lot fuller, even tho it was still lacking bass.. the e5 made the bass tighter and punchier

Mar 30, 2009 at 11:48 PM Post #934 of 3,305
I think you'll be happy with the IE7. You seem to need that bass.

With black filters the bass goes very low and there's a lot of it (with amp especially), but the very bottom starts to attenuate. With the grays they don't extend as deep.

From what others have said, the IE7/8 bass goes all the way down.

Mar 30, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #935 of 3,305
I just ordered some Shure Olives. I'll report back how they work.

Mar 31, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #936 of 3,305
Hopefully as well as they do for me and quite a few others. Lacking bass is something I dont really understand when said about the PFE. But just a tiny loss in seal and the bass is weakened. When I notice the bass is lacking it is usually my left ear not getting a good seal and I just have to re-insert. Grey filters with amp give me about normal and with the black filters amped I get a pleasing thumping bass but not boomy.

Good stuff. I like switching the filters every now and then for that "new headphones" sound.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 31, 2009 at 12:41 AM Post #937 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered some Shure Olives. I'll report back how they work.

I've been using the olives for a few days now and I actually like them contrary to my previous opinion. The highs are more extended than comply tips but it's quite listenable and the bottom end boost really helps the grey filters, IMO.

Mar 31, 2009 at 3:04 AM Post #938 of 3,305
I got my Ibasso T4 today. All I can say is WOW! The PFEs really take off amped. I was brushing it off to avoid buyin an Amp but what was said is true.

The improvement is dramatic to say the least.

Mar 31, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #939 of 3,305
That's good to hear analogbox. I hope I get the same effect.

Yeah, unamped I'd say they compete in their price range and a little above, but amped, I'd say they compete well above their price point.

Mar 31, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #940 of 3,305
same here with me with my E5 and black filters, the bass rocks. wonder what else is lacking with this kind of bass. i'm not a basshead but what I hear with the amped PFE sounds really amazing.

Mar 31, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #942 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by oarnura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my Ibasso T4 today. All I can say is WOW! The PFEs really take off amped. I was brushing it off to avoid buyin an Amp but what was said is true.

Describe it ...
smily_headphones1.gif

1 month with Nuforce IM and 2 weeks with D10, PFEs do excel... Actually, I also shocked when listening to trance music; DJ Tiesto's "Close to you" with D10. Even with NO EQ, the bass really deep, clean and strong. The bass also not affecting/smearing mids and treble at all, IMHO. Everything just clean and clear. Cannot imagine all these came from thin bass IEMs.
smily_headphones1.gif

Adding amp is just like adding rocket fuel or nitros to PFEs... Unstoppable!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 31, 2009 at 12:45 PM Post #943 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by oarnura /img/forum/go_quote.gif

somehow i feel PFE can do better. as i experience 2 knots up with go-vibe magnum and a silver LOD cable. transparency and clarity highs is awesome, female vocals went straight to my heart.

I NEED A ANOTHER AMP !!! gosh.... money money money...
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back