Philips Fidelio X2?!
Jul 9, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #31 of 15,268
If the difference is only cosmetic, or even just slightly different drivers and cable, would it drive up the price of the X1 if the X2 is released at such a high price point? I mean, demand for the X1 might skyrocket if you have two nearly identical and desirable headphones at such different price points and the supply of X1's starts to dry up. Might want to jump on some X1's now if you're on the fence.

Jul 9, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #32 of 15,268
Demand won't skyrocket because people still won't get an X1 due to the non-removable pads.

Jul 9, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #33 of 15,268
Demand won't skyrocket because people still won't get an X1 due to the non-removable pads.

Again, +1. As much as I liked em when I demo'd em, the non removable pads put me off buying them.

Jul 10, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #34 of 15,268
Actually they are quite easy to remove but getting replacement pads and to install is littlebit different story.

Jul 10, 2014 at 2:05 AM Post #35 of 15,268
We're talking about easy removal and installment like most headphones out there. Velour is easy to wash/clean, but considering it's an absolute hassle here... people don't wanna deal with it.

Jul 10, 2014 at 5:11 AM Post #38 of 15,268
Well, judging from the drastic improvement (FWIR) about the jump in sound quality from L1 to L2, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on this one. That's only if the real price ends up being at, or, under $500 USD. If so, I'll have my eyes on these... and will be saving my money until then :wink:

Jul 10, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #39 of 15,268
Well, judging from the drastic improvement (FWIR) about the jump in sound quality from L1 to L2, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on this one. That's only if the real price ends up being at, or, under $500 USD. If so, I'll have my eyes on these... and will be saving my money until then
wink.gif

^ + eleventy

Jul 11, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #40 of 15,268
May I remind everyone that when the X1 was first introduced, it was priced at 5999[COLOR=545454]¥. We all know the price on the street was no where near that.[/COLOR]

+1. Even Philips' official TMall site lists them at about 3K Yuan (currently on sale at 2K Yuan). A lot of unofficial sellers list them at even lower (say, $250). Like all of you though, I hate the non-removable pads.

But wasn't the L1 and L2 pads also non-removable? Well, they're pleather anyway, so that probably won't be a problem. Just saying, though.

Jul 11, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #41 of 15,268
I went for the X1, got it yesterday.
Great headphone for a great price.
It wouldn't bother me if the pads are non-removable, would be nice but that wouldn't keep me off buying it (or the X2 would it be available at a similair or slightly higer price).

Jul 11, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #42 of 15,268
I feel that once headphones start hitting an MSRP above $200, they should have removable pads, no questions asked. Even if you're someone who owns Stax SR-009s, that's quite a bit of money to dole out for something that can't be easily fixed. I don't think that's acceptable, especially since Philips made a fantastic headphone. I want to keep this thing for a long time.

Jul 11, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #43 of 15,268
I feel that once headphones start hitting an MSRP above $200, they should have removable pads, no questions asked. Even if you're someone who owns Stax SR-009s, that's quite a bit of money to dole out for something that can't be easily fixed. I don't think that's acceptable, especially since Philips made a fantastic headphone. I want to keep this thing for a long time.

Yep, agreed

Jul 12, 2014 at 4:11 AM Post #44 of 15,268
+1. Even Philips' official TMall site lists them at about 3K Yuan (currently on sale at 2K Yuan). A lot of unofficial sellers list them at even lower (say, $250). Like all of you though, I hate the non-removable pads.

But wasn't the L1 and L2 pads also non-removable? Well, they're pleather anyway, so that probably won't be a problem. Just saying, though.

Yep, L2 pads are not removable according to people I've asked. Won't be a surprise if the same applies to the X2. Shame on Philips...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back