Philips Fidelio L2 [Australia - New Zealand Tour] - Review and Impressions
Apr 30, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #31 of 72
Well you can borrow them Igor lol. A guy from Phillips headquarters username jazzyfi will ship them to me 160 euros pr about 225 aud! What a steal! He's also a Phillips technician so he cam give warranty as well!

Apr 30, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #32 of 72
Well you can borrow them Igor lol. A guy from Phillips headquarters username jazzyfi will ship them to me 160 euros pr about 225 aud! What a steal! He's also a Phillips technician so he cam give warranty as well!

Holy schiit!! How the hell did you find him?

May 3, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #34 of 72

Hi mate, glad you're enjoying the Fidelio L2. 

BTW does your friend have a spare L2 cable, the one with mic/remote? I don't have one... 
frown.gif

May 7, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #36 of 72
All, I'm not a representative of Philips. I do work for Philips but unfortunately I cannot help you with getting spare parts, etc. Xtralglatic bought my personal L2 because I have 2 pairs and just bought myself a new NC1. So to be clear, I'm not selling brand new Philips headphone through Head-Fi 
wink.gif

May 7, 2015 at 3:53 AM Post #37 of 72
It's all good guys. Thanks.

Philips should start selling their own cables now that they're getting more popular in this community.

May 13, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #38 of 72
Item sent yesterday to Svyr (Vlad). I will write my review with my own pair as it should be on my head this friday 
L3000.gif

May 15, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #39 of 72
So it seems that you really liked them.
I am very happy with my pair. Great mix of deep fast bas and forward treble without sybilance plus full and detailed mids. Only con is pressure on the top of my head.

May 16, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #42 of 72

Looking forward to your impression Vlad!
I hope you enjoy them...

Don't hesitate on expressing your thoughts... I'm pretty sure you'll find something undesirable about them 
wink_face.gif

And I got my own personal pair last Thursday. Simply amazing all i can say...

Stop it! You're just making me miss them more...
If you ever get to write a review on the L2, please post a link on this thread... it'll be highly appreciated.

May 16, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #43 of 72
I now cast my eyes (and ears) to my other phillips headphone the SHL 3300 DJ :) clearly not as detailed and resolving ss the L2, but bass slams wayy more. Id say its got 70% of the l2's detail/resolving capabilities but with more bass but can get sibilant at times due to the bighter sound sig and the higs are accentuated abit more than the L2.

May 17, 2015 at 12:49 AM Post #44 of 72
d marc0
Don't hesitate on expressing your thoughts... I'm pretty sure you'll find something undesirable about them :wink_face:

Thank you for sending the to try, but to be honest...I can't wait to take them off and send them along.

for me: not the best soundstage + very far off from my preferred tonal balance.
more specifically I didn't think they were neutral, I thought they were peaked in all 3 areas:
-not enough sub-bass. DnB and hip-hop or even popish things - the hits seems to be mostly bass + mid bass. (curiously, from the FR chart that shouldn't be the case but IDK)
-upper mids tilt ? (not really a big fan for male vocals or overall mids tonality )
-painful etch in the treble (possibly being 9-13(?)k). This one hurts for me. I'm not sure if it's to do with music choice - on some tracks the treble sounds 'ok but extremely resolving', but on others - agonizing

Aside from them being comfortable I don't think I like anything else about the L2. Build quality is nice, although the orange plastic cup holders seem like they could be metal too :p . also as you guys mentioned - non removable ear pads.
Would've liked to try the mic cable too.

May 17, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #45 of 72
@d marc0
Thank you for sending the to try, but to be honest...I can't wait to take them off and send them along.

for me: not the best soundstage + very far off from my preferred tonal balance.
more specifically I didn't think they were neutral, I thought they were peaked in all 3 areas:
-not enough sub-bass. DnB and hip-hop or even popish things - the hits seems to be mostly bass + mid bass. (curiously, from the FR chart that shouldn't be the case but IDK)
-upper mids tilt ? (not really a big fan for male vocals or overall mids tonality )
-painful etch in the treble (possibly being 9-13(?)k). This one hurts for me. I'm not sure if it's to do with music choice - on some tracks the treble sounds 'ok but extremely resolving', but on others - agonizing

Aside from them being comfortable I don't think I like anything else about the L2. Build quality is nice, although the orange plastic cup holders seem like they could be metal too :p . also as you guys mentioned - non removable ear pads.
Would've liked to try the mic cable too.

You obviously know nothing about anything!!!    HAHA. JK JK  xD

Too bad you didn't like them. That's why we have so many different headphone for difference prefferences. Maybe the sound will grow on you after a while?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back