PGGB Offline Remastering
Jul 6, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #46 of 288
Hi. I gave that a go (sonictransport/root/music/Foo Fighters) and I got the following after the 10-second ‘Success!’ prompt:

Try a few different combinations. Such as:

/root/music/Foo Fighters/

Or confirm the correct path with Andrew.

I always place a slash at the end though not sure it’s needed. But worth trying.

Jul 6, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #47 of 288
Try a few different combinations. Such as:

/root/music/Foo Fighters/

Or confirm the correct path with Andrew.

I always place a slash at the end though not sure it’s needed. But worth trying.
I’ve dropped a line to Andrew as I’ve had no joy with the various library location strings I’ve tried. We’ll see what he says. Thanks for your suggestions 👍🏻

Jul 6, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #48 of 288
Is anyone using Jriver to play PGGB files? I have a 30 day trial that I got to try some music that ZB and Nick blasted for me, but I am not sure if I should pay for a licence, or go another route? It seems to work fine to me, USB directly into the TT2. I will be keeping my Mscaler for streamed music/internet radio, so I really don’t want to bother with HQplayer. I did a tear down of my Fraim rack on the weekend, my Nagra integrated now sits on top of the rack.Below it is my Naim ND5XS2 streamer>TT2>Teac DSD player>Mscaler.

Attachments

• 11C3EDE4-366B-4B00-9D12-E1CD9D061A75.jpeg
    11C3EDE4-366B-4B00-9D12-E1CD9D061A75.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • DEA03394-3B15-46C9-9192-C4B3A4F513BF.jpeg
    DEA03394-3B15-46C9-9192-C4B3A4F513BF.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Jul 7, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #49 of 288
Is anyone using Jriver to play PGGB files? I have a 30 day trial that I got to try some music that ZB and Nick blasted for me, but I am not sure if I should pay for a licence, or go another route? It seems to work fine to me, USB directly into the TT2. I will be keeping my Mscaler for streamed music/internet radio, so I really don’t want to bother with HQplayer. I did a tear down of my Fraim rack on the weekend, my Nagra integrated now sits on top of the rack.Below it is my Naim ND5XS2 streamer>TT2>Teac DSD player>Mscaler.
Is Jriver a windows only player or is there a mac version too?
If so,how much is a perpetual licence? I am still ABSOLUTELY unwilling to pay subscription fees to be allowed to play my music. As someone still just playing a few PGGB testtracks but with the need to get a laptop capable of running PGGB ie processing files I may need to change my current old music players early Audirvana and Pure Music Player to take full opportunity of PGGB.
Basically the same way I play my hi res files now via my mbp, and my cds via optical and Mscaler.
I want the best possible SQ at least the equal of Mcaler but still keep things as simple as possible, and leave my Mscaler back home on future travels, hence no Roon no Innous or other expensive Streamer in my case.
When I want to explore new music I go by friend´s recommendations or You Tube. Tidal or Roon will never see me as customer.
Regarding Wavpack isn´t that like flac something the player /laptop will have to unpack during playback?
And if so possibly interferring with playback quality?
Cheers CC

Jul 7, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #50 of 288
If so,how much is a perpetual licence? I am still ABSOLUTELY unwilling to pay subscription fees to be allowed to play my music. As someone still just playing a few PGGB testtracks but with the need to get a laptop capable of running PGGB ie processing files I may need to change my current old music players early Audirvana and Pure Music Player to take full opportunity of PGGB.
Basically the same way I play my hi res files now via my mbp, and my cds via optical and Mscaler.
I want the best possible SQ at least the equal of Mcaler but still keep things as simple as possible, and leave my Mscaler back home on future travels, hence no Roon no Innous or other expensive Streamer in my case.
When I want to explore new music I go by friend´s recommendations or You Tube. Tidal or Roon will never see me as customer.
Regarding Wavpack isn´t that like flac something the player /laptop will have to unpack during playback?
And if so possibly interferring with playback quality?
Cheers CC
Jriver has mac and linux as well as windows. There is no need to upgrade your license each year unless you want the new features. I use one from several years ago on a mac. It allows me to stream my library remotely with an ios app.

Jul 7, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #51 of 288
Like Progisus said, Jriver can be used on Windows, Mac or Linux. You can pay $60.00 for use on one of the three, or $79.00 to be able to use it on all three. I want to get an appropriate Windows computer to gargle blast my music, and play my music. I have a Naim Core server, but it will not output over 384 KHz. The fee is not ongoing, it is a one time fee, unless you want to keep getting updates as they are released.

Jul 25, 2021 at 11:25 PM Post #52 of 288
So now I've been looking for an software server/player alternative that does support WavPack files and is half-way tolerable to use. Giving up the feature-rich creature comforts of Roon is going to be painful though for sure :cry: Right now I'm leaning towards using HQPlayer again for local playback...

Quoting myself here, but after having used HQPlayer again for a hot second, I realized what I really wanted was a way of easily controlling HQPlayer on a mobile device (like what's possible with, say... Roon).

This has given rise to "HQPWV" (HQPlayer Web Viewer), which is an open-source project I've just posted on github. It runs as a local webserver on the same machine that you have HQPlayer Desktop running on, and allows you to use a browser on any device connected to your network to control HQPlayer.

Here's a screenshot:

hqpwv-ss.jpg

If anyone wants to give it a try, I would appreciate any feedback if you want to PM me.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2021 at 12:26 AM Post #53 of 288
If anyone wants to gives it a try, I would appreciate any feedback if you want to PM me.
Thanks for sharing! I will give it a try this week.

Jul 30, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #54 of 288
AB4D2F40-74FE-4F89-969B-16C2C570A24B.png

Besides being a great new Prog album, it lends itself well to PGGB. The Bandcamp purchase is 24 96khz.

Jul 31, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #55 of 288
Quoting myself here, but after having used HQPlayer again for a hot second, I realized what I really wanted was a way of easily controlling HQPlayer on a mobile device (like what's possible with, say... Roon).

This has given rise to "HQPWV" (HQPlayer Web Viewer), which is an open-source project I've just posted on github. It runs as a local webserver on the same machine that you have HQPlayer Desktop running on, and allows you to use a browser on any device connected to your network to control HQPlayer.

Here's a screenshot:

hqpwv-ss.jpg

If anyone wants to give it a try, I would appreciate any feedback if you want to PM me.
Having looked at your site I see that an Embedded version might be possible which could be very interesting.

Jul 31, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #56 of 288
I’m curious as to whether any Poly/Mojo owners have tried playback of gargle-blasted files. I was able to play my 16FS files using Roon - but Roon downsampled them to 8FS. I then tried to play the same files off an SD card and the blue light suggested they were playing at 4FS. I am not sure if I had something improper configured. I did think that much more of the PGGB magic came through with Roon playback at 8FS. The music had weight and density that was beyond what I had heard before from that device (and through my humble Cardas A8 ear speakers).

Aug 25, 2021 at 8:18 PM Post #57 of 288
836B85ED-55F9-474D-AAA5-3AC39711689F.jpeg
I’m curious as to whether any Poly/Mojo owners have tried playback of gargle-blasted files. I was able to play my 16FS files using Roon - but Roon downsampled them to 8FS. I then tried to play the same files off an SD card and the blue light suggested they were playing at 4FS. I am not sure if I had something improper configured. I did think that much more of the PGGB magic came through with Roon playback at 8FS. The music had weight and density that was beyond what I had heard before from that device (and through my humble Cardas A8 ear speakers).
AF9E9DFB-C7A8-4588-A9FB-BFFC2BA00338.jpeg

Here is a setup using a mojo and ipod touch. I have had great results even over wifi playing back 16fs 24b pggb files. The playback colour appears correct. They are held together with velcro tape. I was using an elastic but it slipped onto the volume up. 😖. My poly only goes to 192.

Aug 26, 2021 at 3:19 AM Post #58 of 288
I have had great results even over wifi playing back 16fs 24b pggb files. The playback colour appears correct.
Which app lets you play these files at the correct sample rate?

Velcro seems a smart way to go. What I want Chord do next is make a full fledged DAP that has a screen, runs Android, is Roon Ready and features Rob’s DAC wizardry. I know I’m dreaming but I would love the convenience of a single box.

Thanks also for confirming that the software on the Poly maxes out at 192k. Lame. As we both know, MPD is capable of higher rates.

There are cables that can allow you to not have to use Apple’s CCK. I have one from Lavricables, but there are more affordable options on Amazon.

Aug 26, 2021 at 3:30 AM Post #59 of 288
I'm an owner of a much-praised LP6 Gold, which is famous for its sound. It is limited to its onboard/external storage for higher sample playback. Its USB dac is limited.
Have I understood correctly that this program will allow me to resample the music and offload it to anything I want?

Aug 26, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #60 of 288
Which app lets you play these files at the correct sample rate?

Velcro seems a smart way to go. What I want Chord do next is make a full fledged DAP that has a screen, runs Android, is Roon Ready and features Rob’s DAC wizardry. I know I’m dreaming but I would love the convenience of a single box.

Thanks also for confirming that the software on the Poly maxes out at 192k. Lame. As we both know, MPD is capable of higher rates.

There are cables that can allow you to not have to use Apple’s CCK. I have one from Lavricables, but there are more affordable options on Amazon.
I was using roon. The first pic shows the roon playback tree. I am really impressed with the sound quality of the mojo. The ipod touch appears to be limited to 24b but I had remastered all my files at 24b for the src-dx. I will check out those cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back