Pet Peeves
Mar 9, 2022 at 1:23 AM Post #136 of 139
I dislike acronyms. It’s annoying. Unless if it’s an obvious acronym that’s easy to know,

I also don’t like slangs when people post on international forums. Especially if the majority of the readers are not fluent English speakers. I see this more commonly on YouTube comments. I feel that it wastes other reader’s time if they are confused. I usually understand what the guy is saying saying but I feel the text will be vague to other readers in other countries.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #137 of 139
I live in the suburbs. We moved here in part so that we don't have to hear all of the noises of the city we lived in before. Trucks clattering down the pothole strewn roads, teenaged turds racing their Civics at the end of the block, that old guy that shouts at every passerby. He was sweet, but, dude, just lower your voice. We can here you.

Here it's different. When I have my windows open I can hear the wind blowing in the trees. In the fall I hear students walking by, and their conversation has a cheery sound to it. If you listen closely you can hear the distant murm— WOOF! WOOF! WOOFBARKWOOF! RALPHY! STAHP BAHKIN'! WOOF WOOF! —the murmur of the interstate, about a hal— WOOF! BARK! RALPHY! PETEY! SHADDAP! WOOF! GRR! ARROOO! —about a half mile away— YOU TWO, GET OVAH HEE'AH! NO! STAHP THAT! BAD DOGS! YOU TWO A'H FRESH! ARROO-WOOF!

Oh my Lord, lady. Please. It's bad enough that I have to listen to your dogs. Can you just stop yelling at them? Please?

Sep 15, 2023 at 11:38 AM Post #138 of 139
People who think how they feel about something is more important than the facts (which is almost like 90% of the population at this point)
Tailgating (usually Audi drivers)
Lack of 'meat option' at vegetarian restaurants
...and a criminal justice system that puts more weight on offending someone than punching and robbing them (UK)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back