Pet Peeves
Mar 24, 2002 at 5:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 139

dcg

Became Capt. Napalm tocombat apartment robberies!
O.K., someone just called my apartment. The phone rings four times, and the answering machine picks up. I wait to hear if there's a message, and get....a few seconds of nothing and the sound of a phone hanging up! What? WHY DO PEOPLE DO THAT??? You have the WHOLE RECORDING to hang up if you don't want to leave a message. People that do things like this are the devil.
mad.gif

What are your pet peeves?

Mar 24, 2002 at 5:44 AM Post #2 of 139
The answering machine is my ally, and saves me from countless telemarketers. All my friends know to leave a message, and I'll answer if I'm there.

Pet peeves: More than a few spelling errors, people who leave shopping carts in parking spaces, people who use checks in the express lane, and drivers that don't use their turn signal when less than two feet ahead of you, off the top of my head.

Mar 24, 2002 at 5:54 AM Post #3 of 139
Yeah, people who get pissed off too easily...

J/K...but you may seriously want to consider a voice-mail box -- mine filters even those.

Hmmm...my pet peeves...

People who think they know everything...

People who see a young girl and an older man and say something to the effect of, "the pretty ones always go for the ugly ones...why is that?" (My problem with that statement is "always" -- where's mine?)

Mar 24, 2002 at 6:18 AM Post #5 of 139
One of the pet peeves that i have is, talking to people who have to be better than you. Not people that actually try to be better than people. I am talking about people that just lie about it.

Mar 24, 2002 at 6:38 AM Post #8 of 139
1. Bad driver's, especially slow driver's, their more likely to cause accidents by pissing everyone off behind them!

2. Foreigners keep leaving answering machine messages in their native tongues even after they hear the machine message is in English!

3. Or when driver's ignore a dour way stop and run right thru it!

4. People that can't use an ATM!

5. Hey Eli, you mean ******** artists right? People that always have to top what you've actually accomplished? I hate that crap!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Breathe in, breathe out...wax on, wax off....i feel better now
wink.gif

Mar 24, 2002 at 6:45 AM Post #10 of 139
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco
Hey Eli, you mean ******** artists right?

Yes, and i am glad to have somebody on my side on that one.

Also, people that talk about things they have no idea about also qualifies in my book of "******** Artists".

Mar 24, 2002 at 6:47 AM Post #11 of 139
Quote:

Originally posted by Eli's Adventure

Yes, and i am glad to have somebody on my side on that one.

Also, people that talk about things they have no idea about also qualifies in my book of "******** Artists".

Agreed!
wink.gif

Mar 24, 2002 at 6:52 AM Post #12 of 139
Quote:

1. Bad driver's, especially slow driver's, their more likely to cause accidents by pissing everyone off behind them!

You forgot, those who clog the left lane
take forever to cross the intersection on green
cut in front of you then go slow
take forever to turn into main road
slow down without turning on turn signals
fartpipes
squeeqy tires
oh damn, too many to list, all sums up to traffic anyway.
tongue.gif

Mar 24, 2002 at 6:53 AM Post #13 of 139
My biggest peave is people that think I DONT know everything.

:p

Other than that I really hate my roomate, everything about him could be a pet peave. See, I didnt want this guy to be my roomate, he just kinda became our roomate after a long series of ridiculous circumstances. My least favorite thing about him is that hes like a genetic wash out from some far away planet. If people were like cookies cut by Gods almighty cookie cutter then he would be the extra stuff around the edges that some five year old smooshed into the shape of a potato and named "dolly".

Mar 24, 2002 at 7:02 AM Post #14 of 139
There's nothing worse than when a thread gets closed because someone decides its "useless"
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back