Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning]
Nov 27, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #2,252 of 2,804

Have a turkey.

I wonder how many of those creatures will be used in the span of his week.

I don't eat meat, so maybe there's one extra Turkey walking around with a smile. 
normal_smile .gif
 I'm having wild salmon tomorrow night with yams.

Nov 28, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #2,254 of 2,804
  I don't eat meat, so maybe there's one extra Turkey walking around with a smile. 
normal_smile%20.gif
 I'm having wild salmon tomorrow night with yams.

Salmon is also meat isn't it? Either way, I like salmon. Especially lemon salmon and veggies. Yummy.

Nov 28, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #2,256 of 2,804
So, any Christmas shopping lists?
I'm preparing mine.
smile.gif

Nov 28, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #2,257 of 2,804
Nov 28, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #2,259 of 2,804

I understand now. For me, animal flesh is meat.
I see that some don't consider fish to be "meat".

smiley_thumb.gif
 Okay, we can use the stroke of my Pilot Metal Falcon nib for a bit more clarity. I am not vegetarian and eat seafood. So, when I say - colloquially, mind you - that I don't eat meat, I am generally referring to those land/air based critters. You know the critters
tongue_smile.gif
I'm talking 'bout. Technically, fish could indeed be meat. 

Nov 28, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #2,260 of 2,804
Is there a huge difference between fountain pens in the sub$100 range (not disposable, I mean respected $80ish pens) against more expensive pens?
I assume nib quality and material of the pen are the biggest differences

Assuming you're talking about new pens, I find there is a big difference. The more expensive pens feel heftier and more solid, and are better tuned in terms of nib feel and feed flow. But I do like larger pens, which cost quite a bit more when they have premium materials and build. If your preference is for smaller pens, you can find very nice examples at lower prices.

Nov 28, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #2,261 of 2,804
Every time I resume following this thread, I have thoughts of writing the next letter, sending a notecard or sketching an envelope dancing across my head.
normal_smile .gif
Autumn especially... 

Dec 1, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #2,263 of 2,804
Christmas shopping on the way!

I've ordered two bottles of the new Graf von Faber Castell inks (Moss Green and Slate Grey).
They will be my Christmas presents from myself to me (if I don't count the M800 Tortoise I've bought a bit earlier).
biggrin.gif

I've bought a Monteverde Tool Pen for my dad what is on the way too, and got a Pilot Metropolitan for my sister what I've tested for a little and than packed it back
ph34r.gif

Dec 1, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #2,264 of 2,804

I've ordered two bottles of the new Graf von Faber Castell inks (Moss Green and Slate Grey).
They will be my Christmas presents from myself to me (if I don't count the M800 Tortoise I've bought a bit earlier).
biggrin.gif

I've bought a Monteverde Tool Pen for my dad what is on the way too, and got a Pilot Metropolitan for my sister what I've tested for a little and than packed it back
ph34r.gif

biggrin.gif
 A "Live in-studio" demo?

Dec 1, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #2,265 of 2,804

They will be my Christmas presents from myself to me (if I don't count the M800 Tortoise I've bought a bit earlier). :D
I've bought a Monteverde Tool Pen for my dad what is on the way too, and got a Pilot Metropolitan for my sister what I've tested for a little and than packed it back :ph34r:

The Moss Green is a lovely color. And it shades well on paper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back