PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Jan 9, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #8,611 of 9,120
Hello everyone

Recently purchased a refurbished Corsair K95 keyboard. Right out of the box the hyphen ('-'/'_') key was not working.  Of course being refurbished I expected that the keyboard would have no issues.  All said and done I received an express RMA that is burning LEDs.  
frown.gif

My last keyboard was a 1991 IBM Model M.  Still works like a champion.  I'm guessing that RMA-ing a second time is pointless given the whining across internet. Really bad on my part as I should not have trusted Corsair despite my research prior to purchasing it.

- Anyone else have a similar experience?
- Should I just let it go or try to get them to upgrade me (no refunds)?  Sure I paid $78 but that money could have been saved, after all I did buy this keyboard for the sake of backlighting lmao.

Edit:  Coding with MX Reds is relaxing coming from a Model M.
biggrin.gif
 Though to be perfect for me I wish they had slightly less required actuation force and were clicky.  Maybe Topre 30g is a better fit for me?  

Jan 9, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #8,612 of 9,120
Keep RMAing or get a full refund.

Usually Corsair doesn't have issues as far as QC goes. This is interesting.

There was something about them lying about the amount of colors the keyboard could put out though because somebody did a teardown and found the LED controller that could support nowhere near 16.8M colors.

It's not a big deal but it did tarnish their reputation a bit.

Jan 9, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #8,613 of 9,120
  Didn't see the fit part. Phillips Twin Eye sensor is probably the worst you can get though. XD

Yes but $200 on a mouse is just plain dumb. Even the current best mouse right now (all around) can't even get past $100. If it's above $100 it's probably a scam. G502 is probably only $80 or so, and that's probably the most expensive well-regarded mouse out there right now.

I see your point 
biggrin.gif
\

But these are the same people that build and sell the non-mechanical all normal rubber keyboard that costs around 300 
eek.gif
 and features a LCD screen, and other few gimmicks, like needing a wall adapter. 

Jan 9, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #8,614 of 9,120
I retired my G502 to office based duties (that scroll wheel is perfect for flying through emails / spreadsheets) and replaced it with a Corsair M65 - the new mouse (to me) feels better in the hand, but everything else is lacking...

I also changed my G710+ keyboard to the Corsair Strafe RGB Silent - now, that IS an improvement :)

Jan 9, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #8,615 of 9,120
I retired my G502 to office based duties (that scroll wheel is perfect for flying through emails / spreadsheets) and replaced it with a Corsair M65 - the new mouse (to me) feels better in the hand, but everything else is lacking...

I also changed my G710+ keyboard to the Corsair Strafe RGB Silent - now, that IS an improvement
smily_headphones1.gif

Most people not using Mad Catz equipment makes me wonder if I keep getting their products only based on design and because I like outer aspect.  

I mean, I really cannot see other reason to like a mouse than ergonomics and design, because.. Even after testing the best mice, they seemed rather un-comfortable and similar, I can set them to act as I need. The worst experience with a mouse was 2011" RAT 9, from mad catz. The twin eye in that one was problematic, and danced on the table, without any outer force acting on it
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #8,616 of 9,120

Didn't see the fit part. Phillips Twin Eye sensor is probably the worst you can get though. XD

Yes but $200 on a mouse is just plain dumb. Even the current best mouse right now (all around) can't even get past $100. If it's above $100 it's probably a scam. G502 is probably only $80 or so, and that's probably the most expensive well-regarded mouse out there right now.

I see your point 
biggrin.gif
\

But these are the same people that build and sell the non-mechanical all normal rubber keyboard that costs around 300 
eek.gif
 and features a LCD screen, and other few gimmicks, like needing a wall adapter. 

Haven't seen $300 rubber domes. But hey! We have $200 topres! (those are actually worth every penny though for some. I think topres are really nice for general use)

I also changed my G710+ keyboard to the Corsair Strafe RGB Silent - now, that IS an improvement
smily_headphones1.gif

Hm...laser...

Yeah lots of people like linear switches for gaming. I don't understand how they type though with those.

Jan 9, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #8,617 of 9,120

smily_headphones1.gif

Most people not using Mad Catz equipment makes me wonder if I keep getting their products only based on design and because I like outer aspect.  

I mean, I really cannot see other reason to like a mouse than ergonomics and design, because.. Even after testing the best mice, they seemed rather un-comfortable and similar, I can set them to act as I need. The worst experience with a mouse was 2011" RAT 9, from mad catz. The twin eye in that one was problematic, and danced on the table, without any outer force acting on it
biggrin.gif

I think it was the RAT 3 that has a 3090 in it which is decent.

One thing lots of people complain about is stuff like smoothing, angle snapping, or acceleration because that's something that's huge for people who play video games that require high precision. There's a reason why the majority of mice fanatics right now are all going optical over laser.

Edit: just realized I said PWM3010 instead of PWM3310. Oops.

Edit: http://www.overclock.net/t/1587156/extremetech-confirmed-globalfoundries-will-manufacture-amd-s-mobile-low-power-polaris-gpus-in-14nm#post_24777948

Jan 9, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #8,618 of 9,120

One thing lots of people complain about is stuff like smoothing, angle snapping, or acceleration because that's something that's huge for people who play video games that require high precision. There's a reason why the majority of mice fanatics right now are all going optical over laser.

Edit: http://www.overclock.net/t/1587156/extremetech-confirmed-globalfoundries-will-manufacture-amd-s-mobile-low-power-polaris-gpus-in-14nm#post_24777948

Okay, so I get that instead of the twin eye, PixArt PMW3310 is better>?

Jan 9, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #8,619 of 9,120
  Hello everyone

Recently purchased a refurbished Corsair K95 keyboard. Right out of the box the hyphen ('-'/'_') key was not working.  Of course being refurbished I expected that the keyboard would have no issues.  All said and done I received an express RMA that is burning LEDs.  
frown.gif

My last keyboard was a 1991 IBM Model M.  Still works like a champion.  I'm guessing that RMA-ing a second time is pointless given the whining across internet. Really bad on my part as I should not have trusted Corsair despite my research prior to purchasing it.

- Anyone else have a similar experience?
- Should I just let it go or try to get them to upgrade me (no refunds)?  Sure I paid $78 but that money could have been saved, after all I did buy this keyboard for the sake of backlighting lmao.

Edit:  Coding with MX Reds is relaxing coming from a Model M.
biggrin.gif
 Though to be perfect for me I wish they had slightly less required actuation force and were clicky.  Maybe Topre 30g is a better fit for me?  

Corsair is known for typically being OK with RMA and returns but not overly fantastic as well.

So I take it your second RMA unit is still acting up right?

Speak or email their support and pretty much tell them that the next keyboard you receive from them WILL work properly or they will experience a credit card charge back. (I hope you bought with a credit card)

Jan 9, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #8,620 of 9,120

Corsair is known for typically being OK with RMA and returns but not overly fantastic as well.

So I take it your second RMA unit is still acting up right?

Speak or email their support and pretty much tell them that the next keyboard you receive from them WILL work properly or they will experience a credit card charge back. (I hope you bought with a credit card)

Yeah, haven't even used it for a week and LEDs are dying.  I hadn't even considered filing a charge back!  Brilliant :^)
... After looking at PayPal transaction history I found out that PayPal didn't use my card (again).  Someone important needs to file a lawsuit made on their company 

Jan 9, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #8,621 of 9,120

Okay, so I get that instead of the twin eye, PixArt PMW3310 is better>?

PTE is comparable among mice from 4-5 years ago probably.

The PWM3310 is much, much newer and it's widely used. It's a very good optical sensor. I think it's moving onto the 3360 now (3366 still seems to be exclusive to Logitech right now). The 3320 seemed to have been skipped over because I think I only heard of one mouse that uses it (can't remember it).

Jan 9, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #8,622 of 9,120
  Yeah, haven't even used it for a week and LEDs are dying.  I hadn't even considered filing a charge back!  Brilliant :^)
... After looking at PayPal transaction history I found out that PayPal didn't use my card (again).  Someone important needs to file a lawsuit made on their company 

Companies are scared of chargebacks and bad feedback on social fronts. 

Chargebacks are bad for them because if they have too many in a year, they lose the ability to do credit card transactions and lowers their trustworthiness with the banks etc. 

Jan 10, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #8,623 of 9,120
Holy Mother of Gaben

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=262178.0
http://www.pcgamer.com/build-of-the-week-project-rx-0/?utm_content=buffer6c83a&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_pcgfb

One of the featured entires for MSI's Mod Competition is based on the Gundam Unicorn!

_1370384.jpg

Jan 10, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #8,624 of 9,120
Hey guys, I recently got an active DP to HDMI adapter for my HTPC that's connected to a 4K TV. Problem is, it doesn't seem to be able to drive a 4K display smoothly. The CPU is a Celeron G1820 and the GPU is an ATI Radeon HD 5770. What's the bottleneck here? Various sources claim that any Haswell chip with Intel HD graphics or higher should be able to handle 4K, and the HD 5770 should be better than Intel graphics.

Jan 10, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #8,625 of 9,120

Those fan hubs ^.^

EDIT: vantt1, this may be a dumb question, but what OS are you running? If it's Linux in any form, you'd need to install official drivers for your GPU, in order to get proper performance. That, and I'm not sure how good the support for Ati/AMD on Linux is these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back