PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
May 9, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #5,555 of 9,120
Quick Razer Surround review: Go ahead, download it, it only takes a minute and it works pretty well. Doesn't distort sound as long as bass boost and audio leveling is off. The front channel, the sides are pretty open and out there. The front right/left is pretty OK, and the rear left/right is a meh (6/10) and the rear is almost non-existent. Try it for yourself.

May 9, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #5,556 of 9,120
Quadruple post FTW.
I recall DannyBai saying something about proper post etiquette in the Discovery Thread a while back. 

Anyway, I wasn't really impressed with Razer Surround, to be honest. And to think that it used to cost 25 bucks...
Then again, I don't have any great headphones, so I guess it's the headphones that need upgrading.

May 10, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #5,557 of 9,120
  Quadruple post FTW.
I recall DannyBai saying something about proper post etiquette in the Discovery Thread a while back. 

Anyway, I wasn't really impressed with Razer Surround, to be honest. And to think that it used to cost 25 bucks...
Then again, I don't have any great headphones, so I guess it's the headphones that need upgrading.

LOL, yeah. It's free, so might as welll try it.

May 10, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #5,559 of 9,120
Need ideas for my weekend project!
After 'quick' scoping, what's the second worst schiit in COD?  Was thinking meat-bagging, but that might not be as funny >.>

_____

On another note, finished all of my English courses at my University.  My last paper was 'expertly' written.  Funny because most of my English studies were in ESL

May 10, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #5,561 of 9,120
I just noticed what parts I should have gotten for my $500 PC.

I should have gotten:
4GB RAM instead of 8GB RAM
750 ti instead of 750
G-46 MOBO instead of G-43 MOBO

That is basically what I did when I had the choice lol.  My old desktop still running on 4GB RAM, have not upgraded yet.  My current one has 16GB, but I wish I did not pay the premium for something I do not use whatsoever.

The Ti really does not make that much of a difference.  In the end you wish you had spent more $$$ really, but what can you do? 
biggrin.gif

When you have the money to get a premium machine you are going to wish the opposite lol....

May 10, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #5,562 of 9,120
I just noticed what parts I should have gotten for my $500 PC.

I should have gotten:
4GB RAM instead of 8GB RAM
750 ti instead of 750
G-46 MOBO instead of G-43 MOBO

At the money you would have saved, no.

You wished you gotten a R9 270/x

The prices for them are down by A LOT right now and the 7870 GHz editions are on sale every now and then for $140 after MIR. Better than the opposition Nvidia deal/cards by almost $100+.

If you just play games then yeah, 4GB. But if you like to multi task like a m******** and do a lot of strenous CAD stuff (or editing of media), then, you will want the 8GB. Someone I know, loves to play games in windows mode and leave them open, have Twitch Streaming in the background, multiple windows of a web browser (that schiit gets big), while skyping 24/7 on his laptop....and with photoshop and what not open to draw. If you are that guy, 4GB's isn't enough.

May 10, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #5,563 of 9,120
  At the money you would have saved, no.

You wished you gotten a R9 270/x

The prices for them are down by A LOT right now and the 7870 GHz editions are on sale every now and then for $140 after MIR. Better than the opposition Nvidia deal/cards by almost $100+.

If you just play games then yeah, 4GB. But if you like to multi task like a m******** and do a lot of strenous CAD stuff (or editing of media), then, you will want the 8GB. Someone I know, loves to play games in windows mode and leave them open, have Twitch Streaming in the background, multiple windows of a web browser (that schiit gets big), while skyping 24/7 on his laptop....and with photoshop and what not open to draw. If you are that guy, 4GB's isn't enough.

Heh, I used to have dozens of tabs open and not worry about memory (4GB) ..  Chrome?  
Photoshop would have killed me back then, especially with large dng files.

May 10, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #5,564 of 9,120
Need ideas for my weekend project!
After 'quick' scoping, what's the second worst schiit in COD?  Was thinking meat-bagging, but that might not be as funny >.>

_____

On another note, finished all of my English courses at my University.  My last paper was 'expertly' written.  Funny because most of my English studies were in ESL
Meat-bagging? Like tea-bagging? And the second worst schiit is the "squeakers".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back