PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Feb 27, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #4,876 of 9,120
  yeah what mean is not getting above 250MB/s doesnt really matter, the IO and small readwrites should be epicly superior to your old hdd.  they are what make ssds feel incredibly snappy in operation.

Yeah, but the I/O's of the 'small' read and writes could be faster still 

Feb 27, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #4,877 of 9,120
But meh, I got my SSD for much less than the competitors. I would be a bit mad if I paid full price for this SSD as then I basically bought one of the fastest 120GB's and forked money for it but could have basically gotten a slower OCZ etc etc.

Anyway, SOOOOOOO much fast right now. In terms of daily operations, its about the same as my desky. (I know this is a noob comparison, that has no bounds but humour me) Which is about right as opening small programs really doesn't take much. The CPU was never the bottleneck. I saw that, and knew it was my RAM and HDD....well, now I have 8GB 3rd party RAM and a Sammy SSD :D

Feb 27, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #4,885 of 9,120
Rebates suck >.>

1 - Keep an eye on Lenovo outlet
2 - Score
3 - Profit?

OR

Give me a price, and wait patiently :wink:
Latest Purchase: TI-84 Silver 'C' edition for $8, almost new! 
tongue.gif

Feb 27, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #4,889 of 9,120
  Whoa that's cheap. Half decent PC too. And cheap enough to add a little more to. Though some of the stuff is really just junk... like the CPU cooler... stock cooler would probably be better. Just a way to jack the price up.

my  god thats cheap

$80 CPU that can have better deal. AMD 8xxx CPU was on sale for same price and is magnitudes better during BF
$50 Mobo.
$15 DVD R/W
4GB RAM? It's the same price as 8GB RAM, so why pay $50 for it when you can get an 8GB from a better company
$10 Cooler 
$35 1TB HDD
$30 Case (
$270

You can get better parts, and self choose your case, RAM, CPU etc.

Considering you have to go through a rebate, I wouldn't say its a good deal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back