paypal account questions.....help me pls.
May 20, 2009 at 9:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

lutwey

1000+ Head-Fier
i want to trade my hfi 780 for a k601 however the guy(mafuagn) who owns the k601 is not interested. but fortunately a guy pmed(gameboy) saying hell buy it from me. i dont think i have a verified paypal account so icant recieve the money from him. is this true? mypaypal is funded by a debit card just to let you guys know.what is my best option so that all parties are protected in this 3 way deal. thanks btw iam also considering tattou2's k701 as a part of this deal. no offense to mafaugn but i can actually vouch for this guy since ive made 2 succesful transaction with this guy. a real stand up guy as the mafiosos would say.

May 20, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #2 of 7
Paypal rules vary from country to country. A verified account outside of North America usually means that you have registered a credit card with Paypal.
You have to be confirmed (not necessarily verified) in order to make a payment of more than $200. US.
For sure you can receive money to your Paypal account whether it's verified or not.
If you have registered a bank account to go along with your debit card, then you can retrieve the money from your Paypal account as a credit to your bank account (minus Paypal fees).
If you haven't registered a bank account and cannot retrieve the money from your account through credit to your debit card, you can still use the credit balance in your Paypal account to make a payment.

The verification process is for the buyer's protection. Ergo, whoever you are paying through Paypal is taking more of a chance on you defrauding them than if your account was verified.

May 21, 2009 at 12:35 AM Post #3 of 7
Mark, as NightOwl stated: "For sure you can receive money to your Paypal account whether it's verified or not," is right on the mark. It really would be best for you, if you are planning to transact here, to become confirmed and verified. I believe it takes a few days for the information you provide to be confirmed through Paypal. Verification is a safeguard for both parties involved.

May 23, 2009 at 11:43 PM Post #7 of 7
I strongly recommend against linking Paypal to your bank account. They have a reputation for taking money out of them if their is a dispute against you. If for some reason your account gets stolen, say goodbye to your money as well. At least with a credit card, you can take the dispute to your CC company and not lose anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back