Parting with Gear (Hard?)
Feb 16, 2007 at 2:41 AM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd rather have a headphone over a gun, but then again, I don't like to kill people.
wink.gif

I think a "NCIS" smack on the back of the head is in order LOL.
penguins.gif

I almost forgot (smacks self on the back of head) it is easy to let go if you have something you are not using anymore. For me.

Feb 16, 2007 at 2:52 AM Post #17 of 27
Sure I can miss stuff that I enjoyed when I had it. It's just that if a peice of gear isn't getting use, and you know someone can get it for a nice price that will enjoy it, it's time to pass it on. It's only been a couple of times I've profited from that philosophy, and I'm cool with that.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 16, 2007 at 2:58 AM Post #18 of 27
I had to leave all my gear behind when I emigrated. They included a pair of speakers that were more than 20 years old but still very good. I miss them but the memory starts to fade as the months go by. I was planning to ship them over but now I think I will be able to sell them. It's hard though....

Feb 16, 2007 at 3:16 AM Post #19 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know that it shouldn't matter because it's just 'stuff' but I find that if it goes to a good home, that helps a lot.

X2 -- guess it sounds kinda funny but I agree. I just like knowing someone else will enjoy it as much as I did.

Feb 16, 2007 at 3:46 AM Post #21 of 27
Had a very difficult time letting go of my W2002 and W10LTD. Limited edition and I'll probably never buy another set. Well, if ever I make a ton of money have a huge surplus, I will "collect the whole set".

Difficult though. I had a hard time sleeping when I sold the W10LTD...

Feb 16, 2007 at 5:22 PM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by archosman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Colt Delta H-Bar 1/7 twist heavy barrel Post ban.. i.e no flash supressor.

Have put less than 200 rounds of .223 through it/ about 100 rounds of .22 as well.

Have the Official Colt .22 conversion kit with magazine...

Have the cheek piece for the back stock.

PSG-1 styled handgrip in place of original grip.

Flare Launcher styled like M203 grenade launcher
(had to take it off... too heavy)

I'm giving my boss a deal... $950.

That's a great deal... if I were able I'd be all over that!

Feb 16, 2007 at 7:48 PM Post #24 of 27
I don't have any trouble flogging off most of my gear in the past, I've been doing it so long that I'm mostly imune to pangs of loss these days. Still, I did wonder if I made the right decision to sell the Stax 404/313 even though it wasn't getting any air time. That soon passed when the replacement K1000 arrived
k1000smile.gif
tongue.gif

Feb 16, 2007 at 8:44 PM Post #25 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a great deal... if I were able I'd be all over that!

He better hurry up or else I will have to find another buyer...

Feb 16, 2007 at 11:26 PM Post #26 of 27
It's much easier if you follow my rule. Never sell anything! It's worked great for me so far...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back