Panasonic RP-HD10 - A Serious Contender?
Feb 25, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #46 of 217
 All great points.
 Thanks for taking the time to post and I  appreciate the genre thoughts and impressions.

I've got so much already I think something needs to be top notch if it is to be considered. Perhaps that is why I stalled at the other link. Seems to be only the occasional  poor review against overwhelming positives all over the place.

Mar 4, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #48 of 217
I have a pair in the house, but I can't form a opinion on them. I tested them a few times and do like them, but I find the sound to be quite different from what I am used to.

As far as I can tell all the details are there, but the way how the music is presented are different to what I am used to. So I can't say.

I do have one thing I am not sure about is that after a few hour I feel fatigued. This feeling only occurs to me the first time I got the Sennheiser Amperior. But I did grow to love the Amperior, so may be I will grow to love this headphone too?

Here's my headphone I use a lot lately. 

Sony mdr-10rbt (Because they are wireless and easy to use at work)
UE6000
Sennheiser 598se
Pioneer se-a1000

Headphone I own and not used for a while

Philips L1
Sennheiser Amperior
ATH M50
And a lot more random ones.

I listen to all kind of random music. Classical, Pop, Funk, Techno and so on.

Might give them another go tonight.

Mar 5, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #49 of 217
Ok.... I think I know what is wrong with the headphone....

I love all those detail in everything. But there is this high pitch that are on some music track background that is kind of bothering me. I checked with a few different sound source and it is the same. My guess would be there headphone is very sensitive and it might be very picky on which track it is producing.

Either way I would say this is a great pair of headphone!

Just one last note, those headphones is not lay back at all. Everything seems to be so aggressive.....great for rock, synth and all high energy music. I will go back to my 598se for classical. 

Mar 10, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #52 of 217
  I love all those detail in everything. But there is this high pitch that are on some music track background that is kind of bothering me. I checked with a few different sound source and it is the same. My guess would be there headphone is very sensitive and it might be very picky on which track it is producing.

yes, but i think this pitch on background you can hear because of pure music track quality. right?

Mar 10, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #53 of 217
I just played for about an hour with this cans, and I must say I have a smile on my face!
My source is an iBasso dx80,I listen mainly to hard rock and metal,few thrash,but also some Dire Straits, Beatles.et
Out of the box I'm really impressed by fhe sound:in a word, alive. I come from a good iem like re600-s Hifiman, but I always found it was too mid centric,lacking a little bass and with rolloff highs.
The panny impressed me for its tight punch,essential for double bassdrum work,very nice bass,but not bloomy.
The other thing that impressed me was the detail and crispness of highs, xpecially cymbals: a very live sound,they sound real. You can feel the inertia of open hihat,the vibration of the material.
I was afraid of snare sound,but I find it very good, dry at the right point. Obviously it depends also on the re ording quality of original track.
Male voices are just a little recessed compared to re600-s, but I find them enjoyable. Sometimes re600-s was so mid fw that I had to turn down volume. My test track for this is ''Stay Together'' by Mr. Big, Back to Budokan bluray rip 48-24
So far I am really happy with the purchase,I think things will only get better with burn in.

Mar 12, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #55 of 217
After a continuous 2 days burn in, it seems to me sound has opened up a bit, and so soundstage. This is my first serious full can, and I was told closed cans have narrow soundstage, but not for this one.
One of my test track is Signe from Clapton MTV Unplugged, well it's incredible the separation of guitars and hihat work. You can feel and hear the touch of the top of the drumstick on it, it's like being there.
Surely this cans reveal and suffer poor recordings, first thing I think of is No Doubt Don't Speak.
It's like watching a VHS cassette with a 4K TV.
It's a strange pair of cans this one. It's not v-shaped, but it's not flat at all. Bass is punchy but fast and defined. Highs are on the bright and crispy side, without being harsh to my ears. Sure if you like highs, clarity and definition, this one is for you.
Speaking how it's made, it looks gorgeous and premium, with soft leather for pads and arch.
If there's something I don't like, I have to say the cables, too thin, nothing special, and the packaging, only two cables, a soft bag and the cans .

Apr 8, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #59 of 217
I have been using it (on loan from a friend) for a couple of weeks and was overwhelmed. It was absolutely fine with my Xperia. The guy you mention might have bought a fake one from China
confused.gif
. The original jacks are also a piece of art.  But I hear the supplying company Furukawa ran out of copper and Oyaide have developed their own newer model -- HPSC-35/1.3 to succeed. 

http://www.oyaide.com/ja/brand/oyaide/earphone_headphone_cable/hpsc35_63  HD10 is on the list there.

Нere you can have a look at the both, but I do not have a clue what he is talking about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMY5dgdPK0U

I have ordered one for myself from Japan to arrive in a couple of weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back