Oriveti IEMs - 2023/2024 new line-up
Jan 13, 2024 at 12:54 PM Post #166 of 233
Jan 13, 2024 at 1:26 PM Post #167 of 233
The oh700vb is a really strange iem, I’ve heard people describe it extremely different to the next person.

I’ve heard it called bassy, the above review says compact soundstage another review said it lacks air?

To me, it’s not a bassy iem, it can sound warmer with the switch forward, but I still wouldn’t call it remotely bassy - again to my ears.

I also wouldn’t say it has a compact soundstage at all, and is one of the better iem’s I have in this aspect.

In terms of upper treble/ air, to my ears it is well emphasised, and definitely above what I would deem as natural in fact, other than my mmk3, it’s the most emphasised upper treble iem I’ve owned.

Again, I’m not saying anyone else is wrong, and a lot of it is subjective. Its just really strange that people’s impressions are so widely different with this particular iem.

I should also add that ofc ear anatomy from one person to another will also have an impact on how we hear and perceive sounds, in addition to each persons actual hearing itself.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2024 at 1:59 PM Post #168 of 233
The oh700vb is a really strange iem, I’ve heard people describe it extremely different to the next person.

I’ve heard it called bassy, the above review says compact soundstage another review said it lacks air?

To me, it’s not a bassy iem, it can sound warmer with the switch forward, but I still wouldn’t call it remotely bassy - again to my ears.

I also wouldn’t say it has a compact soundstage at all, and is one of the better iem’s I have in this aspect.

In terms of upper treble/ air, to my ears it is well emphasised, and definitely above what I would deem as natural in fact, other than my mmk3, it’s the most emphasised upper treble iem I’ve owned.

Again, I’m not saying anyone else is wrong, and a lot of it is subjective. Its just really strange that people’s impressions are so widely different with this particular iem.

I should also add that ofc ear anatomy from one person to another will also have an impact on how we hear and perceive sounds, in addition to each persons actual hearing itself.
I've not heard the OH700VB, but the OD200 is not an exceptionally bassy IEM, but in the case of the OD200 the tuner has put the bass very forward on the staging. So they are bass forward...in every bit of music that has bass without being bass-head. The bass is integral to what makes the OD200 enjoyable.

Jan 13, 2024 at 2:14 PM Post #169 of 233
Has anyone ordered an Oriveti OD200 to the UK and been hit by customs? I see on their page that they say the buyer is responsible for customs fees etc, which suggests they won’t mark the package down to avoid customs and import tax fees.

Jan 13, 2024 at 3:21 PM Post #170 of 233
Has anyone ordered an Oriveti OD200 to the UK and been hit by customs? I see on their page that they say the buyer is responsible for customs fees etc, which suggests they won’t mark the package down to avoid customs and import tax fees.
I got it directly from Oriveti to London and didn't pay any customs duty. It came FedEx.

Jan 13, 2024 at 3:50 PM Post #171 of 233
I got it directly from Oriveti to London and didn't pay any customs duty. It came FedEx.
me too................. here to Athens,Greece straight from Oriveti using FedEx no added customs at all and it took actually only 3 days since my order was placed at their site....

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2024 at 4:02 PM Post #172 of 233

the above review says compact soundstage another review said it lacks air?
probably those people must mean due to their note weight and their overal sense of thikness and density in the sound ,the perception of both air & size of their soundstage comes out as compact ? cant think of anything else, but this goes hand by hand with coherency i would also add there, even at extreme volumes coherency and stability are both there, no distortion whatsoever......and the extra 3dbs (switch downwards) on the other hand adds extra proportions to the sense of the stage in a good way imho..the impact is there and maybe for some the bass isnt rigid enough for their taste, BUT it is for sure vast and wide enough to create a wall of ambience adequate for modern electronica / IDM genres and not only.....i ve heard aon OH700VB lots of tracks using physical instruments such as double bass, trompones,tympanies and this kind of instrumentation and the rumble is there,the impact is there,the decay is there as well, maybe its not the fastest bass out there but it is fluid,organic articulated and captivating to my ears..............

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2024 at 4:33 PM Post #173 of 233
I bought mine direct delivery in a week fed ex no tax to UK

Jan 13, 2024 at 5:41 PM Post #174 of 233
I have to give Oriveti credit for the beautiful real leather case that even comes with the OD200. Usually cases are as cheap as chips. The Oriveti case is really classy, sadly it's too big to pocket.

Jan 13, 2024 at 6:12 PM Post #175 of 233

Different people have different sources and different experiences. For me, the model is simple enough due to the fact that I am used to significantly higher level IEMs, which I talked about in the review. It is obvious that the model is able to give much more than cheaper and simpler models but is inferior to more expensive ones.

Jan 14, 2024 at 11:57 AM Post #176 of 233
i want just to say here... that senen year now approximately being in this hobby OH700VB must be an earphone that certainly was looking for out there............
the emotional impact that this one has over me is simply T R E M E N D O U S ! ! !
I can say now for sure that this tuning serves me the best and is an absolute favorite for my taste always............
Thanks a lot @ToneDeafMonk & Eargasmic Reviews for giving me the chance to get interested to those monitors and as an outcome of that interest to get them finally..
This must be the most emotional earphone i ve heard till now in this hobby.............

good.jpg

i am so addicted and and so totally fascinated - magnetized by their signature right now and just wanna stick to this feeling dont wanna let this never to end..........................................
:heart::two_hearts::cupid::heartbeat::hearts::heart_decoration:

Jan 14, 2024 at 12:04 PM Post #177 of 233
i want just to say here... that senen year now approximately being in this hobby OH700VB must be an earphone that certainly was looking for out there............
the emotional impact that this one has over me is simply T R E M E N D O U S ! ! !
I can say now for sure that this tuning serves me the best and is an absolute favorite for my taste always............
Thanks a lot @ToneDeafMonk & Eargasmic Reviews for giving me the chance to get interested to those monitors and as an outcome of that interest to get them finally..
This must be the most emotional earphone i ve heard till now in this hobby.............

good.jpg

i am so addicted and and so totally fascinated - magnetized by their signature right now and just wanna stick to this feeling dont wanna let this never to end..........................................
:heart::two_hearts::cupid::heartbeat::hearts::heart_decoration:

Did you try the OD200?

Jan 14, 2024 at 12:17 PM Post #178 of 233
Did you try the OD200?
unfortunatelly no man, as i mentioned earlier on this thread this is my first Oriveti monitor and surely wont be the last one ...................

Jan 14, 2024 at 12:41 PM Post #179 of 233
unfortunatelly no man, as i mentioned earlier on this thread this is my first Oriveti monitor and surely wont be the last one ...................
The OD200 is a set that is completely different from OH700VB, but it’s truly excellent. Refined, full of details and textured across the whole FR.

Jan 14, 2024 at 12:43 PM Post #180 of 233
The OD200 is a set that is completely different from OH700VB, but it’s truly excellent. Refined, full of details and textured across the whole FR.
i ll be doing some searching for sure after this heavenly experience of mine.......no doubt about that.............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back