OPUS#3 Hi-Res Audio player w/wifi and streaming
Apr 13, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #62 of 533
Can anybody check its transport ability via Optical output? This is very critical. 

I don't like how AK DAPs transfer the signal via optical connection – not satisfied with a quality vs USB signal transfer.

Apr 13, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #63 of 533
hawaiibadboy, expecting to here from you more about SQ today. Maybe more words about differences/similarities between Opus #3 and #2.

​My OPUS compare will be with Metal Edition and not the #2. Others will add that later.

The Metal edition has more weight to the sound
The #3 is light and analytical on the lines of the DX200. If you own the Metal version and do not need streaming stay right where you are.
I titled my video preview and not review. The review is going to be different.

The DX200 is really popular. Am I right? If so, no worries for folks.  The Metal has more bass presence. The mids on the Metal are damn near perfect. The treble reaches higher on the #3 with a near glare.

I can like things and not rec them and rec things and not like them.

I was asked on YT about the LO bypassing the internal amp

Line Out is output through the internal amp.

We designed the headphone output, optical output, and line out on the one 3.5 mm audio jack
Due to this design, it is difficult to make line out to bypass type

Some companies according to folks on here in mails to me are borderline paranoid.Their words, not mine.  iBasso never replied to me about anything in PM. They have "friends" and other people. I got it anyway without them. OPUS is a company that lets everyone have a say without ANY games. I respect that a lot . My voice will be one among many. They let that happen is a credit to them.

I have a human urge to be appreciative of them letting me be the first guy on the internet to put this thing in a vid but that is not what they want out of me and they have a lot of reviewers lined up.

I will give exact songs and parts of those songs that I focus on and what is there or missing instead of deeper wider taller blah blah blah garbage.

Apr 13, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #67 of 533
The Metal edition has more weight to the sound
The #3 is light and analytical on the lines of the DX200. If you own the Metal version and do not need streaming stay right where you are.

I owned Opus1 plastic, but sold it and now on the market for a new dap. In Opus1 I've missed weight in low end, and wanted for some more treble activity. So #3 probably will not fits me well in terms of bass...

Apr 13, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #69 of 533
I owned Opus1 plastic, but sold it and now on the market for a new dap. In Opus1 I've missed weight in low end, and wanted for some more treble activity. So #3 probably will not fits me well in terms of bass...

​ I never touched EQ on the aluminum chassis OPUS #1 and I love the low end to be full and present when the master calls for it. The Opamps are different from the #1 plastic version. The #3 is definitely more analytical than the #1 both plastic and metal version

Apr 13, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #71 of 533

The #3 is definitely more analytical than the #1 both plastic and metal version

That's a god part about #3. If only the bass was stunning
frown.gif

You mentioned about wanting more bass in every DAP thread, so why not just pick a DAP and pair it up with an external portable amp to shape your sound to a desired quality?  Or maybe look into cowon DAPs where you can tweak JetEffects?

Apr 13, 2017 at 11:15 PM Post #72 of 533
You mentioned about wanting more bass in every DAP thread, so why not just pick a DAP and pair it up with an external portable amp to shape your sound to a desired quality?  Or maybe look into cowon DAPs where you can tweak JetEffects?

I'm not basshead. Just saying that in Opus#1 plastic it was not enough for me. Looking for a clean, transparent sound, wint adequate amout of lows, well presented treble, mids, and a bit dominating vocals. It's all there- in Lotoo Paw Gold, but that thing is so expensive.

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #73 of 533
I'm not basshead. Just saying that in Opus#1 plastic it was not enough for me. Looking for a clean, transparent sound, wint adequate amout of lows, well presented treble, mids, and a bit dominating vocals. It's all there- in Lotoo Paw Gold, but that thing is so expensive.

​I am a basshead. 
Aaaand I love 70's classic rock...vinyl rip flacs of god re-masters in particular. Cowon is something you should consider as it does have a clean sound and it does not have thin mids and vocals and the low end can be customized in many many ways.

Back to the #3

The back is plastic. The metal #1 is glass. The build quality of the #3 on closer inspection after my vid is not matching it's price range if $850ish is indeed the asking price. I thought this was a targeting of the masses with a reasonable price and high quality sound replacing the plastic #1. It's actually more expensive and not up to par with the item it is replacing. IMO.

Would it be possible for the OP to change the title of this thread?
It seems totally lacking for the community on site and viewers to read that. It streams, it has merits, it can surely get more that OPUS #3 official thread.

Audio-OPUS , OPUS #3 Streaming portable _____,_______device Release date 4/17      for example

just a thought

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #74 of 533
What happened to Metal body with CNC textures as the website stated ? U sure it is plastic ?

Can anybody check its transport ability via Optical output? This is very critical. 

I don't like how AK DAPs transfer the signal via optical connection – not satisfied with a quality vs USB signal transfer.

Assuming you meant the player as the digital transport ? Opus 2 couldn't do USB digital out, only optical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back