Options for Streaming Music from Computer to iPhone over Local Network.
Feb 16, 2011 at 10:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

HiGHFLYiN9

Member of the Trade: Zynsonix
I just recently picked up an Onkyo ND-S1 iPod dock for my small system in my workroom (which is amazing btw). I'd like to be able to stream music from my computer to the iPhone over the local network. I tried downloading some software called StreamToMe, but the compliment software, ServetoMe, crashes my Windows 7 PC every time I try and run it.

Are there any other options out there to stream music from my computer to the iPhone over the local network?

TIA.

Feb 24, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #2 of 5
Upgrading to iOS 4.2 should allow u to stream to your iphone, I am not sure though.  I use  PS audio TAgNplay will do that.  Tunesremote apps allow u to remotly control one ipod to another. 

Feb 26, 2011 at 2:40 AM Post #4 of 5
from what I understand.  U have to set-up a UPNP server so you can stream music from The computer to Ipodtouch over LAN.   I don't know how to setup server with Itunes ( weird, Ooh it must be apple). I use PS audio Elyric server softwares and PSaudio Tagnplay.  Of course, U can use WindowsMedia, Mediamonkey, etc.  The main reason I use PS audio TagnPlay is for the Internet radio station.  In IOS4.2, "Airplay" is built into OS itself, so u can stream almost any app's sounds ( safari, youtube, PSaudio Tagnplay, pandora etc....) or video to a remote player or speakers ( like Airport express, Apple TV ).  I hope that was helpful 

links to PS audio Elyric
http://www.psaudio.com/ps/media_manager/downloads/

link to PS audio TAGnplay
http://www.psaudio.com/ps/products/detail/tagnplay-upnp-app?cat=audio

Apr 25, 2011 at 8:06 AM Post #5 of 5
Lots of UPnp/DLNA servers will do this. E.g. Foobar has a plug-in, J River MC 15/16. I've also used my Netgear WNDR3700 router with USB drive and a Synology NAS 211+ (my fav). Most if this can even be streamed via Internet (hardware & ISP permitting).

On the Iphone TagnPlay, PlugPlayer or any UPNP client will do the job (I also use Townky or Andromote on my Android Tablet).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back