OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier at RMAF
Jul 9, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #1,236 of 1,240
Anyone compare these to the ultrasone edition 8 or ultrasone signature lines?

Was looking at those for awhile, but these look like they have a good chance at being better at a fraction of the price

Post this question here. You may get a little more response.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/756828/oppo-pm-3-the-portable-planar-impressions/1965#post_11748322

Jul 9, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #1,237 of 1,240
Jul 9, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #1,238 of 1,240

Was looking at those for awhile, but these look like they have a good chance at being better at a fraction of the price

Short answer, totally different.
I like the PM3s but there's some softness up top that I don't like, and of course, no slam as with the Sig DJs or even the Sig Pros. Soundstage is narrower as well... PM3 == good but I'd still take Signature DJ/Pro's based on sound quality only (and my own preferences). I'm still getting to know the PM3s though.

Jul 9, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #1,239 of 1,240

Short answer, totally different.
I like the PM3s but there's some softness up top that I don't like, and of course, no slam as with the Sig DJs or even the Sig Pros. Soundstage is narrower as well... PM3 == good but I'd still take Signature DJ/Pro's based on sound quality only (and my own preferences). I'm still getting to know the PM3s though.

Very interesting. I've read the PM3 is definitely a more neutral sound than the Ultrasones would be, but surprised to hear you think the Sig DJs are overall better. Definitely would like to read about your impressions of the PM3 as you get more acclimated 

Jul 9, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #1,240 of 1,240

Very interesting. I've read the PM3 is definitely a more neutral sound than the Ultrasones would be, but surprised to hear you think the Sig DJs are overall better. Definitely would like to read about your impressions of the PM3 as you get more acclimated 

I think I'm just used to the wider sound and the bassier attack of the Sig DJs. The PM3's ARE actually more "neutral", bass is present and not overdone (but I like a bit overdone bass :p), mids are pretty good but the highs and the narrower soundstage just make them sound a bit weird for me. I'll PM you details later in the week or next week. If not, remind me, I might just lend them to you so you can try them out. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back