ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jun 1, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #8,881 of 16,326
This DAP has a clear quality to the sound I couldn't get from my HTC One M9. It's such a great purchase. If only the stock player could have an album art download function. What are your guys preference for the digital filter? I notice subtle differences and I can't decide which fits my taste. Also, which lock range adjustment provides the best audio quality (if it provides one at all....)?

My 5 cents:

D. filter :  slow is for vocal and long time listen, it smooths the vocal
              sharp will give you more highs and it is good for instruments
              short I think it is for very dynamic classical music where fast pace is required

Lock range: normal to narrow is preferred.  I use one click from narrowest for AAC / mp3

Jun 1, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #8,882 of 16,326

My 5 cents:

D. filter :  slow is for vocal and long time listen, it smooths the vocal
              sharp will give you more highs and it is good for instruments
              short I think it is for very dynamic classical music where fast pace is required

Lock range: normal to narrow is preferred.  I use one click from narrowest for AAC / mp3

It happens that when I set the lock range too narrow, the vocal would switch right.

If I set it wider, the vocal will go back to the center.

Has someone encountered similar issue?

Jun 1, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #8,883 of 16,326
  It happens that when I set the lock range too narrow, the vocal would switch right.

If I set it wider, the vocal will go back to the center.

Has someone encountered similar issue?

I feel the Lock range affect the density of the image. More narrow make the image more focus.

Jun 2, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #8,885 of 16,326
hi..

anyone tried to compare between calyx m vs onkyo in terms of sound quality?

i'm thinking to sell my calyx m and go straight to onkyo..

I've enjoyed calyx m sound very much, warm and very good separation..

what do you think?

thanks in advance

As a player I think it might be a downgrade of sound quality and an upgrade in terms of certain features .

Jun 2, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #8,886 of 16,326
Hi guys,

I have this issue with my dpx1. Sometimes when I am playing the album, it would suddenly stop after a song. I would then need to depress play to start it again..anyone has the same problem?

Thanks

Jun 2, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #8,889 of 16,326
Hi guys,

I have this issue with my dpx1. Sometimes when I am playing the album, it would suddenly stop after a song. I would then need to depress play to start it again..anyone has the same problem?

Thanks

I've had mine stop in the middle of a song playback (from Music app). However it's only ever happened two or three times so not a real problem.

Jun 2, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #8,890 of 16,326
As far as I can remember, it only happen when i play trackstracks from Music App.When I am streaming from Spotify or Apple Music, it did not had this issue. So it is either the music app or the sd card? Hopefully not the dpx1 hardware

Jun 2, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #8,893 of 16,326
so i've disabled all the apps that i do not need, leaving just spotify, the stock music app, the clock, the keyboard and google playstore installed. when i left it overnight, the batt was 20% down during idle mode. is this normal? i've since enabled the battery saver to kick in automatically @ 15% - am unsure whether this will help or not...

Jun 2, 2016 at 4:37 AM Post #8,894 of 16,326
  so i've disabled all the apps that i do not need, leaving just spotify, the stock music app, the clock, the keyboard and google playstore installed. when i left it overnight, the batt was 20% down during idle mode. is this normal? i've since enabled the battery saver to kick in automatically @ 15% - am unsure whether this will help or not...

This is not normal.

Factory reset is your friend

Jun 2, 2016 at 4:53 AM Post #8,895 of 16,326
  This is not normal.

Factory reset is your friend

thanks for the swift reply. i'll give that a shot tonight. is it safe to leave both memory cards in the player while doing the reset or should i take them out first? thanks again dude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back