OH, No, Have A uprising at Thailand
Sep 19, 2006 at 8:48 PM Post #31 of 39
I think Under The Siege nearly End

Because All Website is worked now (with News Paper website is can access now)

But, TV and Radio is show only uprising and announce tomorrow is Holiday

Sep 19, 2006 at 9:03 PM Post #32 of 39
What the freak? CNN reported that "The coup caused little stir in Bangkok's popular tourist districts, where foreigners packed beer bars and cabarets just a few miles from where the tanks were posted, AP reported."
Hello? Uprising? Military Coup? Get the hell out of the country?

Sep 19, 2006 at 10:01 PM Post #33 of 39
hey guys, should we really be talking about this?
i'd rather not know about this stuff when trying to enjoy my headphone hobby.

seriously guys, this is way too real life for me, border line politics, if you know what i mean.

what i'm trying to say is, "HEADFI IS NOT THE PLACE FOR THIS DISCUSSION"

take it outside, where people are concerned with real things.

Sep 19, 2006 at 10:56 PM Post #34 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
What the freak? CNN reported that "The coup caused little stir in Bangkok's popular tourist districts, where foreigners packed beer bars and cabarets just a few miles from where the tanks were posted, AP reported."
Hello? Uprising? Military Coup? Get the hell out of the country?

I'm tell you, relax. Jahn. You have to know Thailand to appreciate how low-key it is and how good-natured the people are. My wife is Thail and her biggest concern was her family's market shutting so people could watch the action on TV. There were just thousands and thousands marching the streets recently to demand Thaksin's resignation. No bloodshed, no problems. Thais are a peace-loving people and non-violent. The army is calling a "holiday" so people can listen to TV and radio and hear what's going on. That's classic Thailand: Relax, don't worry about work and have a day off. Yes, people march and are politically-concerned, but most of the population has a 'mai pen rai" -- "it doesn't matter" attitude about life. Coup today, go fishing tomorrow. Life goes on. All that's going to happen is the King will speak and clear the whole matter up. He's a humanitarian and will call for calm and everyone will go back to their ways. Yes, I can totally see bars and partying going on next door to tanks outside a building. Girls bringing drinks to soliders. Life goes on. Why worry, be happy. Call your mom. She's probably having a nice meal and will laugh off the whole thing.
cool.gif

Sep 19, 2006 at 11:01 PM Post #35 of 39
I guess you're right. It's tough when you're coming where I'm coming from, where the motto is "Get the Hell Outta Dodge."

Sep 20, 2006 at 1:57 AM Post #36 of 39
Sorry

I think Everything returns to normal

I will stop post now

Thanks, Jahn

Thanks, Chadbang

Thanks, Everybody

Sep 20, 2006 at 2:09 AM Post #39 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepkyng
hey guys, should we really be talking about this?
i'd rather not know about this stuff when trying to enjoy my headphone hobby.

seriously guys, this is way too real life for me, border line politics, if you know what i mean.

what i'm trying to say is, "HEADFI IS NOT THE PLACE FOR THIS DISCUSSION"

take it outside, where people are concerned with real things.

If you don't want to know about it, don't click on the topic, and definitely don't add anything to the discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back