Official X3 2nd gen beta firmware thread--FW1.44: library search, ReplayGain, high speed USB, DoP, D2P...
Jun 8, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #31 of 367
You're the only person having this issue so far... can you go to System Settings->about X3 and tell me the NB number of your machine?

Thanks!

I am also having this issue. NB #: W233b

Also, before I installed the update I had an issue where if the player was left idle with the headphones plugged in for too long I would get static in the left channel and the player would freeze until headphones were unplugged. If I tried pressing buttons it would fast-forward to random points later in the album. Weird bug.

Jun 8, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #32 of 367
Hi JaZZ,
Have you re-updated the media library? Also, how big is your music library?

Hi Joe

I tried the update several times, each time followed by a library update. There are 4933 songs on the 128 GB Samsung card, a mix of Flac and MP3 with rudimentary tags (by MP3tag) without album art, and the 119.7 available GB are almost filled, with a rest of 567 MB free space.

I guess it wouldn't have made a difference if I had used an empty card for the firmware update, since that isn't necessary with FW 1.1 either.

NB:M122a

Jun 9, 2015 at 3:24 AM Post #35 of 367
It might help investigating the issue, mine says NB:M112a. And I did not have any of the above problems...

Jun 9, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #36 of 367
Installed last night and so far so good.  Still hoping that you guys could add the album artist not just song artist to the categories.  If you pick an Artist and then an Album, it will only display songs based on the song artist and you don't get a list of all the songs on the album if some of the songs of the album have different artists.  Some music apps either include album artist along with song artist under the artist category or (like Apple) give you the option to only list album artists under the artist category. That would be great if you guys could do that. I am really enjoying the Fiio X1 and X2 second edition.  Great company with good support!

Jun 9, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #37 of 367
It's been smooth sailing for me since installing the new FW. I haven't had the left channel fuzz no music problem after sleep that I was having before, no lag with menus, love that it now goes back to the folder no matter what now. Nice update!

Jun 9, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #38 of 367

Am I the only one with the 6 s lag from the menu button? – With the music paused it's 3-4 s.

I have the same number "NB:M122a" as you.  I don't have an issue.  Immediate response when the button is pressed.

Hi Joe

I tried the update several times, each time followed by a library update. There are 4933 songs on the 128 GB Samsung card, a mix of Flac and MP3 with rudimentary tags (by MP3tag) without album art, and the 119.7 available GB are almost filled, with a rest of 567 MB free space.

I guess it wouldn't have made a difference if I had used an empty card for the firmware update, since that isn't necessary with FW 1.1 either.

NB:M122a

I only have 1,704 songs all FLAC in my library on my 64 GB Sandisk card.  All have detailed tags from MusicBrainz and embedded 500x500 artwork.

Jun 9, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #39 of 367
Thanks for the impressions guys :)

Will let you know of any progress on the next firmware :beerchug:

--Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 9, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #40 of 367

One thing I don't understand is why the main menu and the sub menus have to change format when the Left and Right buttons are pressed when navigating. The arched view that is default is fine and can be easily used with the buttons?  Why make things more complex?  

Also, it would be nice to be able to bring up the track info like we could on the X3 1st gen.  Press the Top LH button "shortcuts" add the "I" after the trash can.  By selecting that the info screen can be brought up just like the X3 1st Gen.  I know the info can be brought up by long pressing this button, but when there are lyrics there isn't a way to see the track info. you can't bring it up.  It is just shown at the beginning of the lyrics.  

While on the topic of lyrics, the highlighted line of lyrics sometimes falls to the bottom of the screen and sometimes goes off the screen.  The lyrics are properly highlighted, but are not properly located at the middle of the screen.

Thanks for the support @Joe Bloggs 

Jun 9, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #41 of 367
Thanks for the impressions guys
smily_headphones1.gif

Will let you know of any progress on the next firmware
beerchug.gif

--Joe

Thanks for your support Joe!

Jun 9, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #42 of 367
Joe - idea for all your Daps - upper left context button (in now playing menu)

Add a slection to go straight to the EQ screen.  Would be one of the handiest shortcuts on the device IMO.

Jun 9, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #44 of 367
  Joe - idea for all your Daps - upper left context button (in now playing menu)

Add a slection to go straight to the EQ screen.  Would be one of the handiest shortcuts on the device IMO.

Yup, I wanted to suggest this too, just forgot. 
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back