Official X3 1st gen firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit, play through folders--Happy Chinese New Year!
Dec 24, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #317 of 921
Yes I tried rebuilding the library and playing the songs directly.  Still did not provide the correct tag information and only gives artist as "unknown".  Since I only use playlists (because the library only handles 5800 songs) I never bother to sync up my library but I did to verify the issue. I only use the folder options of playing a single song, shuffling a folder or playing a play list.

Dec 24, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #319 of 921
  Hopefully not, otherwise it's more of a shuffled playlist. That's a different feature in my opinion.

What is the point of a device lock if it doesn't lock all functions?

Which firmware are you on?
I don't encounter the same behaviour on the 3.24 beta firmware.

Having Fiio in my pocket and skipping next track without pulling it out or turning the display on... 

Dec 24, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #320 of 921
I installed the 3.30 FW.

Happy with just, just something disappointing for me: I liked the digital battery status of 3.24beta.

Apart from this battery status, I'm wondering if there's something more in 3.30 than in 3.24 (to decide if I revert back..)?

Dec 24, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #321 of 921
  I installed the 3.30 FW.

Happy with just, just something disappointing for me: I liked the digital battery status of 3.24beta.

Apart from this battery status, I'm wondering if there's something more in 3.30 than in 3.24 (to decide if I revert back..)?

I couldn't stand the battery indicator on 3.24 . It never anywhere close to 100% for me. Even when it got to its max which was never more that 85%, the light at the bottom of the X3 was green. That indicates that it was 100% full and proves that the percentage on the X3 is incorrect. It may well have worked for some people but i could never get it to work correctly. I am pleased that it went back to how it was in 3.22. It is my favourite battery indicator yet.

Dec 24, 2014 at 4:54 PM Post #322 of 921

I couldn't stand the battery indicator on 3.24 . It never anywhere close to 100% for me. Even when it got to its max which was never more that 85%, the light at the bottom of the X3 was green. That indicates that it was 100% full and proves that the percentage on the X3 is incorrect. It may well have worked for some people but i could never get it to work correctly. I am pleased that it went back to how it was in 3.22. It is my favourite battery indicator yet.

For me it was fine, so I guess that it was removed because it's unreliable...

Dec 25, 2014 at 6:56 AM Post #325 of 921
Installed 3.3 today. Fired up my playlist (a foobar created m3u file) and started shuffling. I noticed that the song screen is showing unknown artist for the mp3's I am playing. However, when I pull up the "i" quick menu screen the artist is shown.  It is also showing the file name and not the title from the tag even though I have selected file name display as "title". Again the information is correct in the information displayed in the "i" quick menu screen.  This is also happening on the flac files I have.  Switching between "file name" and "title" has no impact on what is actually displayed.

All tags were working correctly on the 3.24 beta and the song screen had the correct information displayed.

I'm having this same issue, even after deleting the media library and rebuilding. Unknown Artist scrolls across every song, even though the tag is correct in the "i" menu. I mostly use Category/Album or Artist view and have about 4000 FLAC files on a 128gb SanDisk card

Dec 25, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #327 of 921
  I am on 3.22B and happy with it.  Should I avoid the 3.30 FW based on the issue with unknown artists?

I dunno, considering that the 'unknown artist' screen only pops up for a few seconds at the start of a song, I really don't have much of an issue with it. I'm sure it will get fixed in time, and it's no more of a minor annoyance than the artwork that is still cropped and m4a genres still showing incorrectly
wink.gif

I forgot to mention that if it does bug you, you can always roll back.

Dec 25, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #328 of 921
  I dunno, considering that the 'unknown artist' screen only pops up for a few seconds at the start of a song, I really don't have much of an issue with it. I'm sure it will get fixed in time, and it's no more of a minor annoyance than the artwork that is still cropped and m4a genres still showing incorrectly
wink.gif

Unknown artist stays there the whole time for me.

Dec 25, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #329 of 921
wink.gif

That is true the ability to roll different FW makes it easy for me to test different versions.  I am happy with 3.22B (other than scrambled cover art for some albums) so I wondered what is to be gained or lost moving to 3.30.  BTW I really liked your custom FW version I tried based on 3.0.

Dec 25, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #330 of 921

That is true the ability to roll different FW makes it easy for me to test different versions.  I am happy with 3.22B (other than scrambled cover art for some albums) so I wondered what is to be gained or lost moving to 3.30.  BTW I really liked your custom FW version I tried based on 3.0.

I think that custom Firmware for 3.0 is really good too. That with the sound and battery indicator of FW 3.3 would be what I would like most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back