*Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread*
Dec 8, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #1,338 of 2,577
  Can anyone compare the Henry Audio and Modi 2 uber, please?

I cant find any information in google :frowning2:

I have not heard the Henry DAC but its powered by USB and does not accept Optical or Coax, so It seems closer comparison to the Non Uber Modi 2.

I see your dilemma with the Henry At $149 Over the price of the Non Uber Modi 2 and $100 over the Mod 2 U. You Can Buy a Modi 2 and a  modi 2 Uber for the Price of the Henry so If it's not a step up In SQ You might as well have put that money In an envelope and mailed to a fellow head fier. I will not suggest flushing it, All of us in this Hobby need more money to buy more gear.

Dec 8, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #1,339 of 2,577
  I have not heard the Henry DAC but its powered by USB and does not accept Optical or Coax, so It seems closer comparison to the Non Uber Modi 2.

I see your dilemma with the Henry At $149 Over the price of the Non Uber Modi 2 and $100 over the Mod 2 U. You Can Buy a Modi 2 and a  modi 2 Uber for the Price of the Henry so If it's not a step up In SQ You might as well have put that money In an envelope and mailed to a fellow head fier. I will not suggest flushing it, All of us in this Hobby need more money to buy more gear.

Yes, henry Audio is roughly 100 dollars, but that does not mean they are the same sound level. I dont mind spending $ 100 more if its better.

I just want a little comparison between them.

Dec 8, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #1,340 of 2,577
  Yes, henry Audio is roughly 100 dollars, but that does not mean they are the same sound level. I dont mind spending $ 100 more if its better.

I just want a little comparison between them.

Agreed. It may very well be worth the extra $100 if it has a sound you like better.  You peaked my Interest so I did some looking. None On Ebay and very little in the Head fi Threads.

Henry Audio's Return Policy:
Returns and Refunds are handled according to Norwegian consumer protection law. You are entitled to cancel a purchase for 14 days after receiving an item. If you choose to do so, your purchase cost and reasonable return shipping expenses will be covered by Henry Audio. In order to cancel a purchase you must first contact Henry Audio at borge@henryaudio.com before making any other return claims. The returned item must be in undamaged condition and contained in its original packaging. Any return of funds will take place after the returned item's condition has been checked by Henry Audio. To date, Henry Audio's return rate is less than one in three hundred.

Schitt's Return Policy.
Just contact us via this form within 15 days of receipt of your order and we’ll give you a return authorization. When we receive your product in its original box, with any accessories intact, in like-new condition, we’ll refund the full purchase price of your product or products, minus a 5%-15% restocking fee (noted on each product page.) Of course, shipping is not included in the refund—you will pay full shipping to and from your location. Orders returned with damage or in non-stock packaging may be assessed an additional fee for reconditioning.

Unless you know someone with a Modi 2 Uber what I am getting is both companies seem to have very good return policies, find out what your costs would be if returned from each company and If you can swing it financially do your own DAC WARS. Put them Head to head and see which one fits you best and send the other back.  I'm sure it would make for a great head fi thread

Dec 8, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #1,341 of 2,577

Agreed. It may very well be worth the extra $100 if it has a sound you like better.  You peaked my Interest so I did some looking. None On Ebay and very little in the Head fi Threads.

Henry Audio's Return Policy:
Returns and Refunds are handled according to Norwegian consumer protection law. You are entitled to cancel a purchase for 14 days after receiving an item. If you choose to do so, your purchase cost and reasonable return shipping expenses will be covered by Henry Audio. In order to cancel a purchase you must first contact Henry Audio at borge@henryaudio.com before making any other return claims. The returned item must be in undamaged condition and contained in its original packaging. Any return of funds will take place after the returned item's condition has been checked by Henry Audio. To date, Henry Audio's return rate is less than one in three hundred.

Schitt's Return Policy.
Just contact us via this form within 15 days of receipt of your order and we’ll give you a return authorization. When we receive your product in its original box, with any accessories intact, in like-new condition, we’ll refund the full purchase price of your product or products, minus a 5%-15% restocking fee (noted on each product page.) Of course, shipping is not included in the refund—you will pay full shipping to and from your location. Orders returned with damage or in non-stock packaging may be assessed an additional fee for reconditioning.

Unless you know someone with a Modi 2 Uber what I am getting is both companies seem to have very good return policies, find out what your costs would be if returned from each company and If you can swing it financially do your own DAC WARS. Put them Head to head and see which one fits you best and send the other back.  I'm sure it would make for a great head fi thread

Yes, dont exist information in head fi (very strange xD), and this makes me suspicious in the Henry Audio...

I have enough money to buy both, buuut yes, i could return the Henry if it dont like me.

Anyway, I wait to see if someone can tell me something.

Regards. 

Dec 10, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #1,342 of 2,577
Just received my new Modi 2 Uber this morning ...............WOW!
L3000.gif

I have been listening to my music in my home system either via my Cary SLP-05 or my ADL-GT40 into my 600 ohm Beyerdynamic T1's or B&W P5's.

If listening from the laptop through the GT40 then the USB Cabling is all Cardas Clear, the Interconnects in the Home System are all Nordost Tyr.

I have the Modi 2 Uber being fed from the Lap Top via the Cardas Clear into a Schiit Audio WYRD through PYST USB into the GT40 and then into the Beyer 600 ohm T1's. In the next couple of days I will have an Audioquest Jitterbug to add at the Lap Top USB out Connection for the Cardas Clear USB Cable to plug into.

Out of the box the Modi 2 Uber is incredible, it blows the sox of the headphone amp in my Cary SLP-05 and the ADL-GT40. I can't wait to hear what it sounds like after it has at least a 100 hours on it and the cables.

Schiit Audio you Rock!!!! I am going to start saving and purchase a Gungnir Multibit DAC next year.
atsmile.gif

This is my third Schiit Audio purchase in the past month...........unbelievable..............and everyone has been a revelation.

Dec 10, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #1,343 of 2,577
Buy the $20 PYST Cables they are Strait Wire Cables, one of the premier cable makers. These are a real bargain. Why buy a "stellar"  piece of equipment and strangle it with a "junk" cable that won't let it deliver the goods. I look in horror on YouTube when I see people showing their fantastic gear connected with junk cable that you would purchase from a $2 shop "throttling"​ the potential of their system.

Dec 10, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #1,344 of 2,577
  Buy the $20 PYST Cables they are Strait Wire Cables, one of the premier cable makers. These are a real bargain. Why buy a "stellar"  piece of equipment and strangle it with a "junk" cable that won't let it deliver the goods. I look in horror on YouTube when I see people showing their fantastic gear connected with junk cable that you would purchase from a $2 shop "throttling"​ the potential of their system.

+1 on the Pyst But Cardas is not a cheap $2 Cable. It's exactly the Opposite. Its a very pricey "Audiophile" cable

Dec 10, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #1,345 of 2,577

+1 on the Pyst But Cardas is not a cheap $2 Cable. It's exactly the Opposite. Its a very pricey "Audiophile" cable

Hi Bigro,
              I was only talking about the $20 PSYT Cables from Schiit Audio not the Cardas as the cables from Schiit are a bargain.

Dec 10, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #1,346 of 2,577
  In the next couple of days I will have an Audioquest Jitterbug to add at the Lap Top USB out Connection for the Cardas Clear USB Cable to plug into.

have you read any info about the jitterbug? 

its been known to make the sound worse in certain situations or its changed the sound to the point people dont like it, also from objective tests i have seen it makes jitter worse.

i have not used one myself so i cannot comment on my own experience with it, but please let me know how you get on.

Dec 11, 2015 at 6:51 AM Post #1,347 of 2,577
  Hi Bigro,
              I was only talking about the $20 PSYT Cables from Schiit Audio not the Cardas as the cables from Schiit are a bargain.

Misunderstood you there. Yes the Pyst Cables are a Bargain compared most of the Others out there.
  Just received my new Modi 2 Uber this morning ...............WOW!
L3000.gif

I have been listening to my music in my home system either via my Cary SLP-05 or my ADL-GT40 into my 600 ohm Beyerdynamic T1's or B&W P5's.

If listening from the laptop through the GT40 then the USB Cabling is all Cardas Clear, the Interconnects in the Home System are all Nordost Tyr.

I have the Modi 2 Uber being fed from the Lap Top via the Cardas Clear into a Schiit Audio WYRD through PYST USB into the GT40 and then into the Beyer 600 ohm T1's. In the next couple of days I will have an Audioquest Jitterbug to add at the Lap Top USB out Connection for the Cardas Clear USB Cable to plug into.

Out of the box the Modi 2 Uber is incredible, it blows the sox of the headphone amp in my Cary SLP-05 and the ADL-GT40. I can't wait to hear what it sounds like after it has at least a 100 hours on it and the cables.

Schiit Audio you Rock!!!! I am going to start saving and purchase a Gungnir Multibit DAC next year.
atsmile.gif

This is my third Schiit Audio purchase in the past month...........unbelievable..............and everyone has been a revelation.

You already have a Wyrd, maybe I am missing something but the Jitter Bug and Wyrd perform similar functions. Are you taking the wyrd out of the Chain?

Dec 11, 2015 at 7:47 AM Post #1,348 of 2,577

im honestly asking, can you feel the difference between say monoprice cable and higher quality cables?
im not talking about the real ****ty ones.

Dec 11, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #1,349 of 2,577

im honestly asking, can you feel the difference between say monoprice cable and higher quality cables?
im not talking about the real ****ty ones.

That's a hotly debated question. Some people swear they do, others say there is absolutely no difference.  Only way to answer that question for yourself is to try it if you ever get the chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back