Official NYC Spring 2010 Meet Saturday, March 13th
Mar 5, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #301 of 402
One more week.

Of course my job is sending me to Central New Hampshire on Thursday and I will be flying home Friday arriving around 2pm. That will be fine, but all takes is one more snow storm or heavy rain in the Northeast and I could be screwed. Going to see the Allman Brothers Friday night.

Pretty please to the weather gods to give me this one without any airline hassles. Pray for me
regular_smile .gif

Mar 6, 2010 at 1:16 AM Post #302 of 402
I've been mostly out of head-fi for a while now, just enjoying all the gear I already have, but due to a reduced ability to listen to my speaker rig, I've been reading the forums again recently (my wallet's crying already), and just stumbled across this thread.

If there's still room, I'm hoping to be able to make the meet next weekend - most likely for the afternoon half. Assuming there's room, I would most likely bring:

Transport: Laptop with some kind of digital out (have to figure that out fast)
DAC/Amp: Either Lavry DA10 or Benchmark DAC1
Headphones: Probably HD650 w/Zu and / or RS-1

Looking forward to hearing some of the new equipment that I've been missing out on (and may be missing out on a little less if I can pick up some new shiny toys over the weekend!) In particular I'm looking forward to hearing 'Stat setups (both Stax and Jade) and balanced rigs.

Mar 6, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #303 of 402
sonance, there's plenty of room. We have 2 separate rooms across from each other. There should be room for 90-100 people.

Mar 6, 2010 at 3:09 AM Post #304 of 402
I am limited on what I can bring as my headphone inventory has greatly reduced over the years and most of my hifi is decidedly NOT portable...

I do have the new Eastern Electric Sabre32 Minimax DAC that I'd like to bring as I know a few people were interested in it, but I don't really have a transport and most of headphones are either iems or mid-fi.

I can probably source a lower end transport if no one else has an extra digital out, but will anyone be able to provide a headphone rig?

Anyone wanna pool equipment to build a rig?

Mar 8, 2010 at 5:10 PM Post #306 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you can get some drunk hot chicks with tattoos to show up then you might get Wayne to reconsider his decision not to join us.

I will show up early...thanks for the heads up!!

Craig

Mar 8, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #307 of 402
It's looking less and less likely that I will be making it this time around.

Mar 8, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #308 of 402
I'll be accompanying dc12k. I don't have much in the way of headphone equipment, as I've spent a lot recently on my speaker rig (Marantz SR5004, 1 Pair Kef iQ30) so I'm coming to get a feel for what's out there. The Marantz serves as my headphone dac/amp, and due to space limitations, I don't think I'll be moving to discreet components any time soon, but I may be willing to "find space" if I have to. See everybody soon!

Mar 8, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #309 of 402
gear list updated.

Wanted
  1. erikzen wants to hear a Beyerdynamic Tesla T1
  2. SoupRKnowva wants to head a BHSE
  3. BlingBlingDr needs a place for his 4-40 x 3/8" screw, so bring your tap if you have one.
  4. cck5 really would like to hear the p51 mustang, tomahawk, pico, and a headsix.
  5. jpelg is wondering if anyone coming has a pair of current production Fostex T50RP headphones available to try?
  6. jpelg also wants to audition an example of Beyerdynamic's DT48.
  7. ivanrocks321 is asking if anyone can bring ps1 and ps1000?
  8. sonance is looking forward to hearing 'Stat setups (both Stax and Jade) and balanced rigs.
  9. Gopher needs a transport for an Eastern Electric Sabre32 Minimax DAC

We always need extra sources and transports, as well as power cords and strips.

So who's bringing those name tags?

Mar 8, 2010 at 9:02 PM Post #310 of 402
I guess everyone missed it, several pages back i said i wasnt going to be able to make it anymore
frown.gif
unfortunately my supervisor informed me that i would have to take leave for the whole trip, which i wasnt expecting, and i dont have enough leave, i will see you all at canjam though

Mar 8, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #311 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, that's "first one to pick up the check, pays for it".
Also, "he who smelt it, dealt it".

I thought it was "whoever denied it, supplied it"
confused_face(1).gif

Mar 8, 2010 at 10:34 PM Post #312 of 402
I am trying to make your get-together, although I'm very new to your site. I saw that someone would like to hear an RSA P-51, and so will plan to bring mine if I get down there. I also have a Creek OBH-11 and some ATH-M50s, which I could bring as well.

It's a long drive from Vermont, so depending on this Friday storm I may have to cancel, and settle for the Montreal gathering at the Hi Fi show later this month.

Jon

Mar 9, 2010 at 1:33 AM Post #314 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Update to my gear list is I am going stats all stats!

ExStata paired with the 404le and sourced with the sonic studio 302 running amarra

Hey..

I will bring a pair of Jh13 replacement for JH13s....

Craig

Mar 9, 2010 at 3:58 AM Post #315 of 402
after seeing Al's mini xlr that is surely the way to go. Such a nice job on the cable, planning to make the JH16s a staple in the home rig with the whiplash cable partnered with a special amp designed by a member here,

Can't wait to see you all and share in the fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back