Official NYC area / Regional Fall meet, November 14th, 2015 - Stamford Sheraton
Sep 17, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #121 of 422
Sep 17, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #123 of 422
  If it will be okay with everyone, I am gonna stop trying to sell my MFSL Ultradisc DSOTM and bring it to the meet up as a disc to travel the room as wanted and at the end go as part of the auction to whoever will have it. Anyone got any problem with that?

Also an excellent idea for all of us as potential auction items to help support these meets!
Great suggestion.

[blasphemy alert--read ahead at your own peril]
By the way, am I the only audiophile over age (insert number here) with a music collection that includes rock who has NEVER ever owned a copy (in any format) of DSOTM, or even listened to it all the way through?
Inquiring minds want to know...............

Sep 17, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #124 of 422

Also an excellent idea for all of us as potential auction items to help support these meets!
Great suggestion.

By the way, am I the only audiophile over age (insert number here) with a music collection that includes rock who has NEVER ever owned a copy (in any format) of DSOTM, or even listened to it all the way through?

Lol, I can help fix that. Find me at the meet. I am bringing the MFSL Disc, but I got my 1st edition Black Triangle copy ripped to my RWAK120ii......that's the one to listen to :-D

Also got a rip of my UK Harvest The Wall CD.....These physical copies not going anywhere outside my personal collection but the rips will still be of high quality.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 17, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #125 of 422

If it will be okay with everyone, I am gonna stop trying to sell my MFSL Ultradisc DSOTM and bring it to the meet up as a disc to travel the room as wanted and at the end go as part of the auction to whoever will have it. Anyone got any problem with that?

Great suggestion.

Never owned a copy myself, but was in many smoky basements in the day with it playing...:)

Sep 17, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #126 of 422
Never owned a copy myself, but was in many smoky basements in the day with it playing...
smily_headphones1.gif

And what KIND of smoke was in those basements?  Not always just tobacco, I reckon
cool.gif
  Bwahahaha.

Seriously though DSOTM is the shiznit.  So is ALL of Pink Floyd's work, really, if you happen to be an audiophile who loves classic/psychedelic rock.  Pink Floyd put so many different elements and subtle little micro-details in their work, I love it.
  My JVC HA-FXZ200's. They are very bassy for an item as they have a built in subwoofer.

Holy crap man yeah, they're VERY bassy: http://en.goldenears.net/51365

Honestly I doubt I'd like them with a signature like that, especially because not only is the bass so boosted but also the upper-mids/low-treble are not the LEAST bit recessed, which tends to mean that there will be some stridency/fatiguing/piercing notes, some sibilance, or both.  But I'd be interested to hear them, just to evaluate them for myself. . .

What is it with JVC and bass, anyway?  That's one company that LOVES making stuff for bassheads :p  Haha.

Sep 17, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #127 of 422
I'm not sure if i can go there, because im stuck in this college in Pennsylvania.
IF I CAN GO though, I will bring my T1 with E18 dac, paired with magni (the original, not the magni 2) along with E12 amp (for all you portable lovers).

Sep 21, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #129 of 422
Been a while.

I have to check my work schedule, but if not working I should be able to make it.

Not sure if I'll have the energy to bring a complete system, but since the Abyss came with a handy Man Bag carrying case I should be able to bring them.

Yikes
Ethan

Sep 22, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #131 of 422
I should be able to make.

Gear

Headphones
Sennheiser HD800 [Black on Black and Hardwired with SAA Endorphin cable]
HifiMan HE-6
Audeze LCD-XC

Amps
Eddie Current 2A3 MK IV

DACs
Lampizator Lite 7

Sep 22, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #132 of 422
Put me down as a yes.

I hope you have some new for us. It's a week before my 60th birthday HINT HINT LOL.. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Sep 22, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #133 of 422
  Lol, I can help fix that. Find me at the meet. I am bringing the MFSL Disc, but I got my 1st edition Black Triangle copy ripped to my RWAK120ii......that's the one to listen to :-D

Also got a rip of my UK Harvest The Wall CD.....These physical copies not going anywhere outside my personal collection but the rips will still be of high quality.
smily_headphones1.gif

How do you like the RWAK mod?  I feel like my AK240 would benefit a lot from it.  I definitely need to hear yours.

Sep 22, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #134 of 422
  How do you like the RWAK mod?  I feel like my AK240 would benefit a lot from it.  I definitely need to hear yours.

I like it a lot. I asked Vinnie actually before I had the mods done about which to buy and he said the AK120ii is the better value as it is almost essentially like the AK240 if you do not need the extra storage and Native DSD aspect. I would assume that you probably would get a lot of the same improvements I saw if they are really so similar

Sep 23, 2015 at 1:29 AM Post #135 of 422
  I like it a lot. I asked Vinnie actually before I had the mods done about which to buy and he said the AK120ii is the better value as it is almost essentially like the AK240 if you do not need the extra storage and Native DSD aspect. I would assume that you probably would get a lot of the same improvements I saw if they are really so similar

Did you do the line out mod?  Yeah I know the AK120ii is likely the better value, but I do like my DSD (probably have 80 or so DSD albums).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back