Official NY /Regional Fall meet, November 9th, 2013
Oct 19, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #151 of 317
Gear I will  be bringing My Krell KSA5,maybe My Melos maestrobator HP1, HE500 hardwired  wireworld eclipse 6 cable 4pin xlr with 1/4 adapter cable.

Phillips SACD 1000 player.

I don't know if any one would be interested in a grado alumod Sr80i with 4hole &  felt dampened cups,I also have a Sony SA5000 That I had picked up & repaired the cable ,has a mark on the cable where the soldering iron touched it & pads could use replacement but are good. I am offering them up for sale For $150 each at the meet if anyone is interested.

Oct 21, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #153 of 317
  Gear I will  be bringing My Krell KSA5,maybe My Melos maestrobator HP1, HE500 hardwired  wireworld eclipse 6 cable 4pin xlr with 1/4 adapter cable.

Phillips SACD 1000 player.

I don't know if any one would be interested in a grado alumod Sr80i with 4hole &  felt dampened cups,I also have a Sony SA5000 That I had picked up & repaired the cable ,has a mark on the cable where the soldering iron touched it & pads could use replacement but are good. I am offering them up for sale For $150 each at the meet if anyone is interested.

Tom you may have one of the last working Phillips sacd players mine crapped out after the 2nd year and zero replacement parts to fix it. Funny I still got the sony 775 SE 5 carousel player and its working fine 12 years later. LOL

Oct 21, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #154 of 317
  Tom you may have one of the last working Phillips sacd players mine crapped out after the 2nd year and zero replacement parts to fix it. Funny I still got the sony 775 SE 5 carousel player and its working fine 12 years later. LOL

The one I am bringing was the first transport for my emmlabs Dac6e it has the Meitner board in it.,but can be used as  a 2 channel player with a  toggle switch.
 To bad they had so much problems with them as it is a good sounding player.When it dies its over.Its a spare player right now.
I also have a VSE level 5 sony dvp9000es player as well sitting in a box.I should sell.

Oct 21, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #156 of 317

The one I am bringing was the first transport for my emmlabs Dac6e it has the Meitner board in it.,but can be used as  a 2 channel player with a  toggle switch.
 To bad they had so much problems with them as it is a good sounding player.When it dies its over.Its a spare player right now.
I also have a VSE level 5 sony dvp9000es player as well sitting in a box.I should sell.

thta sony was  a nice player and with allen mods should be spectacular

Oct 21, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #157 of 317
So I'm pretty close to convincing myself to bring a recent DIY project for y'all to check out. It's an ESS ES9023 based DAC. It's made with boards (pcbs) from all over the world. US, Germany, Italy, and Australia. It has re-clocking to help lower jitter and does 24bit/192khz USB based audio like a dream. It also has a filter buffer after the DAC output designed by Joachim Gerhard. Some of my headphone/amp combinations I really like it with and others not as much. It seems to pair better with warmer amps - headphones. The ESS ES9023 is in quite a few DIY projects. It's the same chip used in the ODAC and the AudioQuest Dragonfly. Here are a few pics to get you guys pumped...

Oct 22, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #161 of 317
More decisions on things to bring. I plan to bring the really neat Jolida FX10 integrated tube amp and the Teac HA-501s dual mono headphone amp. That should help keep the AKG K1000 and Sony PFR-V1 company. The Astell & Kern K100 will be the source.

I may also have my Stax Sr44 system available for sale.

Looking forward to seeing everyone. :)

Oct 23, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #162 of 317
I will likely be bringing my HD800's with Schiit Lyr and RWAK100. I also am supposed to have a beta Light Harmonics GEEK to get feedback on from the Head-Fi Community. 

I am looking to hear the Schiit Bifrost with Uber-analog if anyone could bring one. 

Oct 23, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #163 of 317
  I will likely be bringing my HD800's with Schiit Lyr and RWAK100. I also am supposed to have a beta Light Harmonics GEEK to get feedback on from the Head-Fi Community. 

I am looking to hear the Schiit Bifrost with Uber-analog if anyone could bring one. 

I am interested in hearing the Geek,I preordered the super Geek .

Oct 24, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #165 of 317
Sorry I will have to miss this meet as my band is playing live on that day.  Dam!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back